(orchestral) Confidante [orchestral rework]

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
adfielding

26 Jun 2018

Hi all!

On 16th June 2018 I married the love of my life, Elisa.

We were trying to figure out what sort of music to use for Elisa's big entrance during the ceremony, and Elisa came up with the idea of re-working Confidante from my 2010 album Lightfields. I must admit I wasn't initially enthused with the idea of using an original piece during the wedding as I thought it might be a bit egotistical, but I loved the idea of re-working Confidante and came around to the idea... plus, since the wedding I have been assured that using one of my own tunes was "a baller move", so there's that :)

So, here we go - this is the re-worked version of Confidante!

For reference, you can hear the original 2010 version here:

Cheers! :)

esselfortium

26 Jun 2018

Congratulations you two! This is really cute.

Lightfields is still a fantastic album, and you've done a beautiful job with Confidante here.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

27 Jun 2018

Congrats!

I like how it is one big crescendo/decrescendo gesture - I've never heard that done in a ballad before - innovative.

Can you translate "baller move" into "Canuk" english? If it is a nudge/wink sort of thing - no need to :lol:

rudiarii

04 Jul 2018

Congratulations and well done....
"dont let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold" Incubus

raymondh

16 Jul 2018

Congratulations Adam! Wonderful news!!

Oh, and the music is great too (of course)

jappe

24 Jul 2018

adfielding wrote:
26 Jun 2018
Hi all!

On 16th June 2018 I married the love of my life, Elisa.

We were trying to figure out what sort of music to use for Elisa's big entrance during the ceremony, and Elisa came up with the idea of re-working Confidante from my 2010 album Lightfields. I must admit I wasn't initially enthused with the idea of using an original piece during the wedding as I thought it might be a bit egotistical, but I loved the idea of re-working Confidante and came around to the idea... plus, since the wedding I have been assured that using one of my own tunes was "a baller move", so there's that :)

So, here we go - this is the re-worked version of Confidante!

https://soundcloud.com/adfielding/confi ... ral-rework

For reference, you can hear the original 2010 version here:
http://adamfielding.bandcamp.com/track/confidante

Cheers! :)
A very nice song for a wedding, congratulations!

Ixus

28 Jul 2018

Very nice work man great singing!

• Information