(EDM) KOCK

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

16 Jun 2018

KNOCK is work in progress - created it today - need to get mix it properly and then master. Aware that I'm overloading in various places - but thought I'd get your thoughts.

The aim of this track was to have a Summer Festival EDM sound.

Created in Reason 10. Totally original - nothing nicked.

DRUMS: Battery 4 and Kick 2 (original kits by me)
SYNTHS: Lush101, Serum (original patches by me)
BASS: Serum and Moog Sub 37 (hardware synth)
VOCALS: Original

(P.S. Hope forum webmasters fix my bad spelling for Topic - total mistake...!!!)
Check my Soundcloud:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2018

Overall I like it. It's got some interesting sounds going on.
I am pretty sceptical about the vocal part around 1:30 though. Call me a music theory nazi but the background is playing in a minor scale while the vocal is in a major scale. There are exceptions when people can get away with breaking rules like this but this isn't one of them imo. Sorry, just being honest.

danc

17 Jun 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
17 Jun 2018
Overall I like it. It's got some interesting sounds going on.
I am pretty sceptical about the vocal part around 1:30 though. Call me a music theory nazi but the background is playing in a minor scale while the vocal is in a major scale.
Thanks for positive feedback. The track is in G Minor Aeolian. The vocal were originally in F# and I lazily transposed - and so... yes... I need to do some audio surgery to get this to work. I might change the background music scale to suit... or get the vocals to hit the current scale properly. Will continue on my quest.

The vocals were from another original track of mine Run Away... which is in F#, so didn't break your Nazi theory!

I'm currently doing a lot of study into Fux counterpoint and so... I'm in your club for theory rules.

Check my Soundcloud:

• Information