(ambient, Instrumental, HipHop): UPPEKHA – Gleichmut – equanimity

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Tobi Rice

08 Jun 2018

Hello ReasonTalk People,

I want to introduce my current project to you. The last few months have been a very memorable and enriching time for me. I travelled across Vietnam, Sri Lanka and Cambodia. Equipped with a Zoom H4n Pro recorder and an Akai MPKmini controller. The travel brought me a lot of inspiration and I managed to realize my plan. The music was written exclusively in reason because I only use reason. Very often I walked through the cities and parks to record guitar players, drummers or nature and ambient sounds. later I have edited these sounds and saved them in project folders in my accommodation or in coffeeshops or just on some bench. As soons as I felt I have enough material, I started to write my songs. So I total it took me around 5 months but I only was working on it when I really felt like making music. As soon as I felt aversion, I put the music aside and dedicated myself to other things. That's why I enjoyed it very much. completely without stress and overwork.

I would be very happy if you would listen to my project “UPPEKHA” and give me your opinion.

I love this forum and can learn a lot here to acquire skills and knowledge.

Best regards,
Tobi Rice
Reason 3-10, Propulsion Drum Sequencer,
Synchronous, Synapse Antidote

Nektar Panorma P4, Push2

jimmyklane

09 Jun 2018

So I’ve listened to the first three tracks. I always check mixes first on my iPhone...for some reason I’m able to hear what’s missing (if anything) in a mix from these extremely mid-rich speakers. I love the samples, I love the mellow vibes, and overall your sound choices seem to fit really well together!
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

Micha1973

09 Jun 2018

Anklang is my fav. so i would like to to a remix or an co-production

micha :reason:
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

Tobi Rice

11 Jun 2018

Thank you for the feedback jimmyklane. In retrospect, i think i broke the sample quality a bit during the mastering process. I wanted to raise the volume a bit and end up with a background noise that wasn't there before. But mastering is new territory for me, so I'm happy for the first project. I really like your song "A Bitter Pill" on SC.

@ Micha1973: Sure, i would be happy to hear another version of it. Can you send me your e-mail adress via PM so i can provide a dropbox-link with the audio stems.

Nektar Panorma P4, Push2

Kalm

11 Jun 2018

Dude this is good. I like the way you worked with the samples. Roughly how much was synths vs. samples if you care to tell. I'm really interested in the sound design.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

jayhosking

12 Jun 2018

There are some really terrific samples, and terrific spliced-sounding moments, on this record. I'm not as fond of some of the more traditional electronic-music elements, namely in the drums/percussion, but I really love the timbre and sonic character of many of the melodic elements.

Tobi Rice

14 Jun 2018

@ Kalm: Thank you, I´m glad you like it. Roughly I think it`s around 60% Samples (30% own Recordings and 30% samples from cd`s and yt) and 40% Synths. But samples and synths i usually bounce to place and transpose, pitch, stretch, mangle, reverse it and everything else that flip and manipulate the audio file. I also use Serato Sample a lot.

@ jayhosking: Thanks for your feedback! I totally can understand your opinion about the electronic drum and percussion elements. i know it`s far from perfect and still a long way to go, but it`s my intention and my target to melt this sonic and timbre sounds and the electronic sounds togehter.

Nektar Panorma P4, Push2

motuscott

14 Jun 2018

I dug it. Nice clean production, succinct music ideas.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information