(Music video) Locked Inside

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
modecca

07 Jun 2018

πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

P'elle
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2018

Live arrangement is a good time. Interesting percussive composition and effects. That bass synth sounds quite wide. That is some very mean vocal distortion and it works for me. This is definitely one of your better mixes if not the best yet.

modecca

10 Jun 2018

P'elle wrote: ↑
09 Jun 2018
Live arrangement is a good time. Interesting percussive composition and effects. That bass synth sounds quite wide. That is some very mean vocal distortion and it works for me. This is definitely one of your better mixes if not the best yet.
What I like about live arrangement is that it can give a song a more loose/carefree, organic vibe adding more human element. It also allows me to easily highlight specific sounds and let a song breathe more.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

MindTheft

11 Jun 2018

This looks fun. Time I learned to use my Panorama P4. Nice work :)

modecca

11 Jun 2018

MindTheft wrote: ↑
11 Jun 2018
This looks fun. Time I learned to use my Panorama P4. Nice work :)
A keyboard works good for me, cause I can turn a lot of tracks on/off and solo them and they are easy to label unlike those controllers that have a bunch of colorful buttons.
Too bad there is not a keyboard controller that lights up with 1 press then turns off with another press.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

jappe

11 Jun 2018

I liked this!
:puf_bigsmile: @Bradley

strangers
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2018

Nice work! This is my favorite piece by you to date. The movie clips were a nice touch.

My only criticism is there was no sweating bottle of milk left in plain sight.

modecca

12 Jun 2018

jappe wrote: ↑
11 Jun 2018
I liked this!
:puf_bigsmile: @Bradley
Thanks Mon.
Bradley has no authority to criticize anybody:

strangers wrote: ↑
11 Jun 2018
Nice work! This is my favorite piece by you to date. The movie clips were a nice touch.

My only criticism is there was no sweating bottle of milk left in plain sight.

Thanks man I feel the same way.
The dark video filter is used to conceal milk, dirty boxers and squalor.
milk for cats.JPG
milk for cats.JPG (300.04 KiB) Viewed 1792 times

πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

Auryn

14 Jun 2018

So I've given this a couple of listens/views and it's definitely growing on me. Your on the fly arranging technique works well in this track and the resulting arrangement is one of your most accomplished IMHO, definitely a lot of variation and keeps me interested all the way through. But you keep just taking calls from this Bradley fellow... Maybe for the next track you can host a stream so us reasontalkers can actually phone in while you're performing?

Warning: whatever this music is conducive for, it is most likely not something Shaolin monks would condone, let alone recommend as a daily practice
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2018

Really cool stuff. Parts of it reminds me of the game Chaos Engine for the Amiga.

modecca

17 Jun 2018

Auryn wrote: ↑
14 Jun 2018
So I've given this a couple of listens/views and it's definitely growing on me. Your on the fly arranging technique works well in this track and the resulting arrangement is one of your most accomplished IMHO, definitely a lot of variation and keeps me interested all the way through. But you keep just taking calls from this Bradley fellow... Maybe for the next track you can host a stream so us reasontalkers can actually phone in while you're performing?

Warning: whatever this music is conducive for, it is most likely not something Shaolin monks would condone, let alone recommend as a daily practice
I like songs that change environments frequently, to suit my ADHD.
Bradley, Donald from Chyna lake, Gregory, Richard, Cholo David and Rick from Austin Texas(born in Waco) are a chosen group because they are quick, ridiculous and mean spirited.
It would be missing the point to take a call in the middle of an arrangement, from an objective person offering constructive criticism for example.
This music is carefully designed to cause πŸ”₯Shaolin monksπŸ”₯ to spontaneously combust.

TritoneAddiction wrote: ↑
17 Jun 2018
Really cool stuff. Parts of it reminds me of the game Chaos Engine for the Amiga.
I was curious to see what it would sound like, if I adjusted a section of 'Locked Inside' to function as the opening song to Chaos Engine.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

Auryn

18 Jun 2018

modecca wrote: ↑
17 Jun 2018
I like songs that change environments frequently, to suit my ADHD.
Bradley, Donald from Chyna lake, Gregory, Richard, Cholo David and Rick from Austin Texas(born in Waco) are a chosen group because they are quick, ridiculous and mean spirited.
It would be missing the point to take a call in the middle of an arrangement, from an objective person offering constructive criticism for example.
It is entirely frivolous of you to assume that we would be offering objective criticism. I for one would certainly not forego the opportunity to rant about the dangers of windmills to any audience such as there may be :-) And yes, your ceiling fan counts.
TritoneAddiction wrote: ↑
17 Jun 2018
Interesting analogy, that game had a soundtrack (in-game) where the arrangement changed dynamically according to what was happening
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

aminionarris

23 Jun 2018

Hi,

first Track i listen from you (<-- new here). Love it. First live Performance i see with Reason. And the Track is really oldschool industrial. Now im in love, thanks for inspiration. Would you send me the rsn File? Would help me a lot (the bass is awesome). So thanks a lot for this Tracl and Greetings.

Martin

modecca

23 Jun 2018

aminionarris wrote: ↑
23 Jun 2018
Hi,

first Track i listen from you (<-- new here). Love it. First live Performance i see with Reason. And the Track is really oldschool industrial. Now im in love, thanks for inspiration. Would you send me the rsn File? Would help me a lot (the bass is awesome). So thanks a lot for this Tracl and Greetings.

Martin
Hey Martin,
Glad you liked it.
This style of performance is easy to set up (possible in reason 3?), easy to execute and yet feels pretty expressive for basically switching tracks on and off.
I love late 80's and 90's industrial and that genre/time period is definitely, what got me into music in the first place.
I was both attracted to the dark intense nature of industrial and the invitation to experiment with sounds.

.Rns files:

https://we.tl/dPlLSCaxMC
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

aminionarris

29 Jun 2018

Thx a lot for your fast answer,

in core its simple but if i open it first i was confused ^^. Do you do all sounds inside reason (specially the Bass)? The Idea with mute/solo channels and the different Mixers are great.

Greetings Martin

Bloma

03 Jul 2018

Words don't really do this justice, but holy shit this is awesome. I love the 1:35/2:24 etc sections in particular.

modecca

04 Jul 2018

aminionarris wrote: ↑
29 Jun 2018
Thx a lot for your fast answer,
in core its simple but if i open it first i was confused ^^. Do you do all sounds inside reason (specially the Bass)? The Idea with mute/solo channels and the different Mixers are great.
Greetings Martin
Yes all the sounds are made in Reason, I have only been using RE's (no vst's lately) and the bass is just a humble little old subtractor sine. I was reminded of an alternative bass method where you take a human voice loop sample, pitch it down a few semitones and run it through a low pass saturated filter.

Bloma wrote: ↑
03 Jul 2018
Words don't really do this justice, but holy shit this is awesome. I love the 1:35/2:24 etc sections in particular.
The imagery of world coming to the end so to speak, combined with the 'chorus,' at the very end of the section you mentioned, is certainly the climax (this is warlock monkey-love making music).
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

• Information