[Electro] Addictions - ElPh (Finished - critics on mastering appreciated)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
ElectronicPhonograph

20 Apr 2018

Hi,

Finished the track and worked quite a bit on the mastering, I would be glad to have some opinion and advices about that.
Samples from Lesley Gore (1963).

Bye

Runner2x

24 Apr 2018

Nice rhythmical play in this track. I was pleasantly surprised with the vocal that works well for the track.

My only issue is the snare. It seems to be sticking out of the mix too much. I would maybe try some saturation, leveling and transient shaping if need be. When you layer the snare later in the arrangement it becomes harsh.

teddymcw

24 Apr 2018

Agree with comment above, really great track though and the vocal helps mold the vibe to a tee. Or is it the other way around? : ) haha

Runner2x

24 Apr 2018

teddymcw wrote:
24 Apr 2018
...and the vocal helps mold the vibe to a tee. Or is it the other way around? : ) haha
:lol:

You have a great objective perspective. I just think too much like a beatmaker I guess (formerly known as Ace back in my high school hip hop days).

ElectronicPhonograph

26 Apr 2018

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments and advices.
Yup, an overmixed snare, that sounds like me. Actually, I've started as a beatmaker as well and I already had this tendency back then.
Runner2x wrote:
24 Apr 2018
I would maybe try some saturation, leveling and transient shaping if need be. When you layer the snare later in the arrangement it becomes harsh.
By saturation, you mean compression/limiting ? and transient shaping would be the opposite (i.e. working on the ADSR enveloppe of the snare) ?
I'm still learning the mastering step (and sharp fine mixing as well).

• Information