(Acoustic) He Had Made Her Free

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
strangers
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2018

Hey guys,

Just wrapped up writing, recording, mixing and mastering a song for my friend's solo side project. The song is called He Had Made Her Free by Young and Blind. This was a nice change of pace for me to pick up a guitar again. Everything was done within Reason 9.5.

As always, fully open to any comments, criticism, likes, dislikes, etc.

Enjoy!

teddymcw

17 Apr 2018

Love this! Not sure what to give as feedback besides that really!

Ya, on second listen I still love it. I may turn the snare rolls in the chorus down or mix them up a bit, may be my listening device though. Everything that matters is spot on though.

strangers
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2018

teddymcw wrote:
17 Apr 2018
Love this! Not sure what to give as feedback besides that really!

Ya, on second listen I still love it. I may turn the snare rolls in the chorus down or mix them up a bit, may be my listening device though. Everything that matters is spot on though.
Glad you're liking the song! We've got more in the works. Good tip on the snare rolls. I didn't catch those and now they'll forever stick out for me lol.

Auryn

17 Apr 2018

Really nice listen this, the kind of carefree breezy pop jangle that reminds me that summer's coming. Didn't mind the snare rolls much even when listening for them. I was wondering how it is that if you wrote, recorded, mixed and mastered this, how is it your friend's solo project?
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

strangers
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2018

Auryn wrote:
17 Apr 2018
Really nice listen this, the kind of carefree breezy pop jangle that reminds me that summer's coming. Didn't mind the snare rolls much even when listening for them. I was wondering how it is that if you wrote, recorded, mixed and mastered this, how is it your friend's solo project?
I thought summer was on its way when it was 80 this past weekend, which quickly fell back to reality of 30-50 degrees and rain. What a tease. You raise a very good question :lol: I kind of did the 90's thing where bands would have a hidden musician out of site but in this case to the extreme since I handled guitar, bass, drums and the whole production end of it.

I've written music with him for years and kept it as his solo project mainly because I couldn't make it a priority over other projects and bands I've been part of. I'll feed him song ideas, riffs, scratch tracks, etc. from time to time to keep the music alive and let him write lyrics at his leisure. Plus, it keeps me from bothering with social media since I do my best to avoid that aspect... but I didn't admit that.

• Information