Live Video Arrangement Dark Techno

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Runner2x

12 Apr 2018

Teflon Tomb x Peter Lansford

Meet Shaye x Meet Demise

modecca

12 Apr 2018

Runner2x wrote: ↑
12 Apr 2018

I couldnt be happier with this man: 5/5.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

Runner2x

12 Apr 2018

modecca wrote: ↑
12 Apr 2018
12 Apr 2018

I couldnt be happier with this man: 5/5.
Thanks! I noticed something rather strange about this project and that is you are wearing white socks with black clothing.

modecca

13 Apr 2018

12 Apr 2018

This is one hell of a jam packed project.
Theres a lot going on here and it's amazing how quickly you put this together.
The music itself is exceptional, the video breathes new life into the imagry of that bizzarre site and nice touch using some sounds from the site! I also like that you included some of the the orginal noises and that otherworldly pad from meet shaye.
As you may know Poor Shaye did meet his demise:
Age 42, at a Palm Springs hospital from alcoholism-induced internal bleeding.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

Runner2x

13 Apr 2018

modecca wrote: ↑
13 Apr 2018
12 Apr 2018

This is one hell of a jam packed project.
Theres a lot going on here and it's amazing how quickly you put this together.
The music itself is exceptional, the video breathes new life into the imagry of that bizzarre site and nice touch using some sounds from the site! I also like that you included some of the the orginal noises and that otherworldly pad from meet shaye.
As you may know Poor Shaye did meet his demise:
Age 42, at a Palm Springs hospital from alcoholism-induced internal bleeding.
Yes of course. This project forced me to think about some lifestyle decisions actually.

After my album project of Instant Gratification, which I think glorifies the exhilaration of being in a rabbit hole, maybe it is time for me to explore some real serious consequences of being in a rabbit hole.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd say nine hours production, one hour setting up arrangement, one hour doing video editing, another hour uploading while listening and drinking a Bloody Mary (mix and vodka coincidentally brought home by my girlfriend - wasn't my idea!).

Nerveclinic

13 Apr 2018

Some day you will show us how you do that video, but then you will have to kill us.

The sound is awesome. I'd go see a live show if it came to town.

Nerveclinic

13 Apr 2018

Subscribed to your You Tube channel by the way...

rcbuse
RE Developer

13 Apr 2018

Enjoyed this.

Runner2x

14 Apr 2018

Nerveclinic wrote: ↑
13 Apr 2018
The sound is awesome. I'd go see a live show if it came to town.
Thanks I appreciate the feedback.
rcbuse wrote: ↑
13 Apr 2018
Enjoyed this.
Thanks! Finally used the ZFO-2 in this project modulating a FM-4 operator in the riff that plays from the start as well as modulating one of the character faders in a NI Kinetic Metal layer. Great!

aeox
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2018

Both of you guys always seem to come up with some really interesting sounds that make my ears perk up.

It's a busy mix but I think it works.

I always appreciate something different. Keep at it :thumbs_up:

Chizmata

14 Apr 2018

this is a solid techno track and a nice effect on the video. it might be my "monitors" (cough...) but i feel that the sub bass area might be a bit underrepresented.

Runner2x

14 Apr 2018

aeox wrote: ↑
14 Apr 2018
Both of you guys always seem to come up with some really interesting sounds that make my ears perk up.

It's a busy mix but I think it works.

I always appreciate something different. Keep at it :thumbs_up:
Thanks! Teflon Tomb aka modecca is far better at sound design than I am. I come from a hip hop background mind you and I just have a selective ear as I decide what will sound good to me in a given context aka preset tweaker / sampler.
Chizmata wrote: ↑
14 Apr 2018
this is a solid techno track and a nice effect on the video. it might be my "monitors" (cough...) but i feel that the sub bass area might be a bit underrepresented.
Thanks! Yeah...about those invisible monitors I have...I would drive everybody crazy with my twelve hour one shot sessions! I have a Focusrite VRM Box and iZotope Tonal Balance Control + EQ reference matching. I felt the kick with a reverb send covered the sub range and then I had a higher octave polyphonic sine wave bass. I know some techno has a lighter kick with lower bass but I prefer the kick being deeper. Maybe my thinking is flawed though...who knows.

Chizmata

15 Apr 2018

14 Apr 2018
14 Apr 2018
Thanks! Yeah...about those invisible monitors I have...I would drive everybody crazy with my twelve hour one shot sessions! I have a Focusrite VRM Box and iZotope Tonal Balance Control + EQ reference matching. I felt the kick with a reverb send covered the sub range and then I had a higher octave polyphonic sine wave bass. I know some techno has a lighter kick with lower bass but I prefer the kick being deeper. Maybe my thinking is flawed though...who knows.
im actually af friend of the subbier kicks you like myself. maybe its not in the kick itself, but in the other elements. i dont like to highpass everything but the dedicated bass section, but leave a bit of low/sub content on the higher elements too, to give the music a bit heavier feeling overall. this criticism is only true about your music if my monitors "cough again" represented it well to me at all - i might be wrong

Runner2x

15 Apr 2018

15 Apr 2018
14 Apr 2018

im actually af friend of the subbier kicks you like myself. maybe its not in the kick itself, but in the other elements. i dont like to highpass everything but the dedicated bass section, but leave a bit of low/sub content on the higher elements too, to give the music a bit heavier feeling overall. this criticism is only true about your music if my monitors "cough again" represented it well to me at all - i might be wrong
Ah I see what you mean. I will have to look deeper into this. My struggle with retaining the lows is I generally show up to be heavy in the muddy low mid range as it is but maybe dipping with a wide q in this range would be the better option vs a simple high pass. Thanks for your thoughts.

Auryn

16 Apr 2018

Well I guess there goes my Modecca = Peter Lansford = everyone else on this forum theory LOL

Anyway, some excellent work here sound design wise with a lot of interesting stuff going on. Love the pounding kick, and the sort of on-the-fly arrangement style also works well as it gives the track a spontaneous/live feel. If I could give some constructive criticism: the track is very dense, there's a lot going on all the time so you might consider momentarily stripping down the track here and there, to give some of the individual sounds a moment "in the spotlight" so to speak.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

• Information