(Champagne SuperNova Synth) - Super Nova

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2018

I'm trialing Champagne SuperNova Vintage Synthesizer right now and it's a rather charming synth.

This is what I've come up with so far with this synth. A simple melodic track named after the RE.

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2018

Nice track! Perfect amount of layering to my ears.

That's a lovely sounding synth. I need to trial it soon!

eusti

22 Mar 2018

Really pretty! I enjoyed that! :)

D.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2018

aeox wrote:
22 Mar 2018
Nice track! Perfect amount of layering to my ears.

That's a lovely sounding synth. I need to trial it soon!
Thanks. There are only 4 instrument tracks for this song: Chords, Main lead, Bright bell like lead and bass. But since everything except the bass is drenched in reverb the arrangement had to be rather sparse. I also just wanted to keep the floaty dreamy feel so adding drums just didn't feel right.

I usually don't use E670 and C670 from McDSP that much but for this track they were perfect. The gentle compression of C670 worked out great for this one.

You should try the synth. It's got a nice character imo.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2018

eusti wrote:
22 Mar 2018
Really pretty! I enjoyed that! :)

D.
Thanks, appreciate it :)

raveled
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2018

Nice! Great atmosphere throughout the track. Short, sweet and simple. I like it!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2018

raveled wrote:
23 Mar 2018
Nice! Great atmosphere throughout the track. Short, sweet and simple. I like it!
Thanks. I'm surprisingly happy with this tune given how simple it is and how quickly I made it.

Wickline

24 Mar 2018

This is the first I’ve heard of this synth. I gotta get it now. It has such an instrumental quality to it.
And great track. So simple and chill, but it really gets to you.
The vibe I get from it though, is an instrumental intro to something big and heavy. Like this could easily build into a melodic metal track or some gothic trance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2018

Wickline wrote:
24 Mar 2018
This is the first I’ve heard of this synth. I gotta get it now. It has such an instrumental quality to it.
The vibe I get from it though, is an instrumental intro to something big and heavy. Like this could easily build into a melodic metal track or some gothic trance.

Thanks.
I can see what you mean with this being an intro to something bigger, but I liked the bare-bones mentality of this song so I tried to do as little as possible with this track.

It's a nice character synth, it's pretty limited though, but that can be a good thing too. I actually prefer them that way for the most part. That's probably a big reason why this song was so easy to make. You pick a sound you like and start writing/playing.
It's like when I wrote tracks with Chip64. There's only so much you can do with it and that turns the focus to the song writing.

Wickline

25 Mar 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
Wickline wrote:
24 Mar 2018

Thanks.
I can see what you mean with this being an intro to something bigger, but I liked the bare-bones mentality of this song so I tried to do as little as possible with this track.

It's a nice character synth, it's pretty limited though, but that can be a good thing too. I actually prefer them that way for the most part. That's probably a big reason why this song was so easy to make. You pick a sound you like and start writing/playing.
It's like when I wrote tracks with Chip64. There's only so much you can do with it and that turns the focus to the song writing.
Yeah I love the tone and the guitar pedals at the bottom appeal to me. Before I got into software I was running instrument mics and synths through guitar stompboxes and seeing what I could come up with. A lot of the tone on this synth reminds me of those sounds.
And it’s simple without being tooo simple. I gotta have it.

:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

• Information