(Synthpop) Time Will Crush You - by Pacific Deep

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
raymondh

12 Mar 2018

Hi everyone

Here's a new song. All synthesizers on this one are the u-he Repro-1 and Repro-5.
Became an expert at bounce in place, the Repro-5 especially is pretty DSP intensive!!

Rothgarr

02 Apr 2018

This was really fantastic!

Nerveclinic

07 Apr 2018

Do you find the bouncing in place helps a lot. Nice synth sounds. Vocals lay in well. Good job.

raymondh

07 Apr 2018

Thanks guys!

Yes bouncing in place was essential. Ran out of DSP constantly - Repro-5 especially is very intensive.

The big a-ha moment though, was after bouncing, to turn off the VST with the little switch on the UI. That made a huge difference.

Until then, after I bounced a track, I'd have to remove the original VST track because even after bouncing then muting, it still consumes CPU. But don't need to do that - just turn it off and it releases the resources.

From that perspective, you can get better performance from VSTs than from REs!! There is no button to turn off ReSpire after I've bounced to audio! (I think???)

jappe

10 Apr 2018

Another potential hit song.
Great vocal performance in this one too, and clean sound as usual.
Well done!

isunray

18 Apr 2018

I loved this tune Raymond (& Carl), I've posted a few comments in SC, can't wait for the next PD triumph! Cheers, Jay AKA isunray http://soundcloud.com/isunray

• Information