(Progressive Trance) Whispering Pines

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
ReachingAlpine

28 Feb 2018

Hey Reason Community,

Please find my latest creation. All done in Reason 10. VSTs include Spire, Sylenth, Neutron 2, and Ozone 8.

Feedback would be appreciated. Hope you all enjoy it.

Thanks for listening,

Reaching Alpine

Auryn

02 Mar 2018

ReachingAlpine wrote:
28 Feb 2018
Hey Reason Community,

Please find my latest creation. All done in Reason 10. VSTs include Spire, Sylenth, Neutron 2, and Ozone 8.

Feedback would be appreciated. Hope you all enjoy it.

Thanks for listening,

Reaching Alpine
I took a listen an there is definite potential here, nice melodic work and arrangement, and the production is crystal clear. If I had a criticism it would be that there's a lot of reverb in this track which kind of takes away some of the energy. My suggestion would be to take one or two elements and put them more front and center in the mix. The way it sounds now it comes across as a bit new-agey IMHO.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

ReachingAlpine

02 Mar 2018

Thanks for listening. The production sound level was/is still one of the hardest things I have ever tried to accomplish, mainly because my laptop can't handle the live playback, so I have to guess all the time. It is sooo much fun. Thanks for the remarks.

When I was mixing the track I was noticing that there was some sort of energy drain, though I couldn't figure it out. I'll lessoning the reverb on some of the individual tracks and see if the sounds aren't as muddled together, especially in the climax.

Thanks again,

Jon - Reaching Alpine

ReachingAlpine

14 Mar 2018

Hey,

Thanks again for the feedback!

I cut some of the reverb out and I didn't like how the track blended together. Any other suggestions?

Reaching Alpine

• Information