(Psytrance) Epic Journey (first track REASON 10)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Wav-E

23 Feb 2018

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, and first track this year. After 5 years at last i update reason, and yes, with those limitless possibilities , reason 10 blows my mind :)
I just tested my PC with this track and my PC failed (Windows 7, 64 bit, 8GB RAM, i7 2600K CPU 3,40-3,70GHz)
6-7 days ago i bought +8GB RAM because i couldn't finish this track. :roll:
It is much better now, but, still not perfect, because i used too much (large) VST in this track.
:puf_smile:
Enjoy : Epic Journey

riemac

23 Feb 2018

Wav-E wrote:
23 Feb 2018
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, and first track this year. After 5 years at last i update reason, and yes, with those limitless possibilities , reason 10 blows my mind :)
I just tested my PC with this track and my PC failed (Windows 7, 64 bit, 8GB RAM, i7 2600K CPU 3,40-3,70GHz)
6-7 days ago i bought +8GB RAM because i couldn't finish this track. :roll:
It is much better now, but, still not perfect, because i used too much (large) VST in this track.
:puf_smile:
Enjoy : Epic Journey
Welcome to Reasontalk and congratulations to the update to Reason 10.
Your Psytrance track is great. Did you have all the VSTs befor or did you buy them after the update?

Wav-E

24 Feb 2018

Welcome to Reasontalk and congratulations to the update to Reason 10.
Your Psytrance track is great. Did you have all the VSTs befor or did you buy them after the update?
[/quote]
Hi riemac,thanks,
about vst, this is the first time that i use VST for a track.
I wanted this track to be without VST, and i started without,
at the end i just change some combinators with vst (only the orchestra symphonic instruments) and i get much better sound, but bigger use of RAM.
I bought 8 GB RAM, and i change more instruments with vst.
I owned only Omnisphere, a friend of mine recommendet to me, he install for me 2 years ago,i just played with FL, but i never made a track with FL and Omnisphere.
I tried also export midi files form reason and import into FL, then export a wav file from FL into Reason, but that costs too much time.
Serum, Thorn, Avenger, ANA, Predator, Dune, Hydra, Legend, Toxic, X-Poly, Diva....and Kontakt with 2 TB libraries, also Izotope Ozone and Fabfilter Pro (all this vst work fine with reason 10) i didnt know about all this stuff. 2 monts ago after i bought Reason 10,the same friend of mine (we made 4-5 tracks together) install the vst on my PC and kontakt libraries on my hard drive, he wanted also to see how reason 10 works with VST. I opened Reason and i was confused, so many new stuff. I didnt know where to start.Thats why i watched youtube videos to learn about the new reason update and vst, but still there are so many questions....3 VST didnt work at all, reason can not find them, and we delete them.
So thank you again riemac for supporting me to update a Reason ca. 1 year ago, this is huge step for me, and this update is one small step for Reason, one giant leap for mankind, or whatever :)

lakinlakin

24 Feb 2018

Good track. Well done.

Nerveclinic

24 Feb 2018

Good job on the track. Good to see the VST's working.

Wav-E

25 Feb 2018

Nerveclinic wrote:
24 Feb 2018
Good job on the track. Good to see the VST's working.
Thank you, also sylenth1 and spire working fine
;)

Kov

03 Mar 2018

Very clean production. Not my cup of tea but it suits the style perfectly.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2018

Nice. I like that you managed to include different influences/styles in such a natural way.

Karmx

03 Mar 2018

Excellent work!Any issues due VST/CPU-Load?:)

Wav-E

04 Mar 2018

Karmx wrote:
03 Mar 2018
Excellent work!Any issues due VST/CPU-Load?:)
Thanks, there were issues with CPU and at the end i couldn't make a video with a screen recorder while reason is playing the song :(

Karmx

05 Mar 2018

Thats horrible!a man need a solide computing device to stem all the tasks and huge amount on load from reason.
Thats kost lotta money, Propellerheads, how's about using GPU power/Distributed computing like in Render-engines nowadays?

• Information