(retrowave) Scan The Sky

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
raymondh

06 Feb 2018

Hey all,

This one is a combination of software and hardware, and hardware that's really software :) (System-8)

If you like retro stuff, definitely worth checking out the new u-he Repro 1 and Repro 5. Repro-5 is a Prophet 5 emulator, much better than the Arturia Prophet V (albeit more CPU intensive). I sold my Dave Smith Mopho x4 and way happier with the results from Repro-5 ! :)

teddymcw

07 Feb 2018

Dammm! This makes scanning the sky so much more intense! Awesome piece Raymond.

jappe

09 Feb 2018

raymondh wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Hey all,

This one is a combination of software and hardware, and hardware that's really software :) (System-8)

If you like retro stuff, definitely worth checking out the new u-he Repro 1 and Repro 5. Repro-5 is a Prophet 5 emulator, much better than the Arturia Prophet V (albeit more CPU intensive). I sold my Dave Smith Mopho x4 and way happier with the results from Repro-5 ! :)

https://soundcloud.com/raymondhayter/sc ... ic-address
Clean sounding 80's vibes, perfect start of a Friday evening, decades after the era where there were still blank spots on the audio-known-to-mankind-map!

The peculiar thing with me is that even though I'm an 80's sound fan, it's only in recent days I've looked beyond the synthesizers I owned during that era (Casio CZ-1000 and Korg Wavestation).

So Prophet 5 isn't something I really have a relation to, but it sounds great!

raymondh

10 Feb 2018

Thanks guys! Appreciate you checking it out!

I've put it on Youtube too :)

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Feb 2018

(Insert overused dancing gif here)

Awesome work. :thumbs_up:

hurricane
Competition Winner

10 Feb 2018

Love this stuff, and this sounds really good and creates a warm mood - especially while driving around in the city, like I'm doing right now.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Micha1973

11 Feb 2018

Great 80´s sound!
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

raymondh

11 Feb 2018

Thanks everyone. I'd like to do more like the last section. There's some really excellent Retrowave arrangements on Youtube and a great video on the Props website too.

Wickline

11 Feb 2018

Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

raymondh

11 Feb 2018

jappe wrote:
09 Feb 2018

The peculiar thing with me is that even though I'm an 80's sound fan, it's only in recent days I've looked beyond the synthesizers I owned during that era (Casio CZ-1000 and Korg Wavestation).

So Prophet 5 isn't something I really have a relation to, but it sounds great!
Nice one! I had a Casio CZ-5000 and a Korg Wavestation too!!
I didn't really resonate with the CZ (get it? :) ) but the Wavestation was amazing. Great bass, pads and leads!
Sold them both (along with a Roland M-VS1, Korg M3R, Emu Proteus FX, Roland MT-32 and Roland W-30) when I moved house about 18 years ago.

But what we can do these days with Reason, Refills, RE's and VST's - completely eclipses what I could do with all that old gear!

future-bit

12 Feb 2018

• Information