The Awakening (electronic metal)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Feb 2018

This is an old track from 2012 back when I started using Reason. The production is far from perfect, but considering I hardly knew what a compressor was I'm quite happy with the result I got. This track was one of the first I wrote for this project I called Synthetic Flesh. The whole concept for the project was to make electronic music with lots of metal influences. No guitars, that was the main rule. It was like an experiment.
I had so little knowledge in production, mixing, tweaking synths. I knew nothing. This project was made purely on having a strong vision and a will to make my first album. Even though it's full of flaws the project taught me that you can still get pretty far without any technical skills. A strong will and creativity is far more important.

Can you spot the "Epic Poly" default Thor patch? That's how I rolled back then. :lol:

Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 04 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.

JNeffLind

04 Feb 2018

I dig this. It reminds me a bit of dubstep in places since it's a flavor of "hard" electronic music, except you left out all the shit that makes dubstep hurt my ears. Electronic metal. I like it. Speed drumming on the bass drum around three minutes into the more spare breakdown works well. This is well arranged. Most electronic music bores me a bit, too much repitition, but you do a good idea of varying your themes, as well as not trying to stretch a single idea out for a six minute song. I.e. you have multiple independent musical themes that you move between. I dig the track.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2018

JNeffLind wrote:
04 Feb 2018
I dig this. It reminds me a bit of dubstep in places since it's a flavor of "hard" electronic music, except you left out all the shit that makes dubstep hurt my ears. Electronic metal. I like it. Speed drumming on the bass drum around three minutes into the more spare breakdown works well. This is well arranged. Most electronic music bores me a bit, too much repitition, but you do a good idea of varying your themes, as well as not trying to stretch a single idea out for a six minute song. I.e. you have multiple independent musical themes that you move between. I dig the track.
Thanks for the kind words. Like I mentioned earlier there's many things that could be improved mixing wise, but I do think the song offers something unique the way it's put together.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 06 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.

modecca

06 Feb 2018

A touch off topic, but I have really enjoying this funky jam:
🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2018

modecca wrote:
06 Feb 2018
A touch off topic, but I have really enjoying this funky jam:
Thanks. If I remember correctly I wrote this when I bought the Ambi Nature RE and I wanted to make a track where I incorporated it. Thunder, crickets, the noise filter sweeps are actually a rain sample with a filter on it :D
Synths are Megasaur and Snakebite drenched in effects.

The bow bow synth riff sound at 0:47 reminds me of Smack My B**** Up by the Prodigy. They have that same kind of bow sound with two different takes hard panned left and right.

wishMachine

07 Feb 2018

It's a pretty interesting take on sound use. Reminds quite a lot of My Life With The Kill Thrill Kult (no bad thing!)
:reason: 10 :record: :refill: :ignition: :re:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Feb 2018

wishMachine wrote:
07 Feb 2018
It's a pretty interesting take on sound use. Reminds quite a lot of My Life With The Kill Thrill Kult (no bad thing!)
I had to look it up. Interesting, I hardly see any resemblance myself but I guess it depends on one's references.

teddymcw

08 Feb 2018

Jeez TA, this sounds just like your other track "Bubbles." Now I've seen you've just been making the same song over and over again, get some creativity! :lol:

What a thrasher tho! Track has great movement in many facets, unique and somewhat horrible in the loveliest of ways.

wishMachine

08 Feb 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
07 Feb 2018
I had to look it up. Interesting, I hardly see any resemblance myself but I guess it depends on one's references.
Primarily down to the use of electronics for guitar riffs, it's a great feel (for the listener) when done well. Stylistically completely different, but them feels were the same and that's what caught me about this track.
:reason: 10 :record: :refill: :ignition: :re:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2018

wishMachine wrote:
08 Feb 2018
TritoneAddiction wrote:
07 Feb 2018
Primarily down to the use of electronics for guitar riffs, it's a great feel (for the listener) when done well. Stylistically completely different, but them feels were the same and that's what caught me about this track.
Alright, gotcha :)

• Information