(self generating patch) GNOST Eternal

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
modecca

31 Jan 2018

Here is the patch:
GNOST Eternal.zip
(144.12 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

Gnost Generative.zip
(867.46 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Last edited by modecca on 16 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

moneykube

31 Jan 2018

wierd stufff... does this one use cv tuner as well?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

modecca

31 Jan 2018

moneykube wrote: ↑
31 Jan 2018
wierd stufff... does this one use cv tuner as well?
Yeah cv tuner enables this combinator to go beyond just making dissonant noise ( πŸ’‹ lipstick lfo's lol).
In the future for my own purposes (keep me occupied during chores) I will capture much longer performances of this thing. It will play with itself forever and never repeat itself.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

moneykube

31 Jan 2018

sold... bought cv tuner to check these amazing Gnost patches
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Catblack

31 Jan 2018

Your routing is pure mad genius. I threw a Selig Gain at the top just to give the ability to fade in and out nicely and make it more like a dream.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

olive6741

31 Jan 2018

Absolutely great! Love this thing! Thanks you share! It's so nice to dive in it. Yes, your routing is pure mad genius. Agreed!

modecca

01 Feb 2018

moneykube wrote: ↑
31 Jan 2018
sold... bought cv tuner to check these amazing Gnost patches
Catblack wrote: ↑
31 Jan 2018
Your routing is pure mad genius. I threw a Selig Gain at the top just to give

the ability to fade in and out nicely and make it more like a dream.
olive6741 wrote: ↑
31 Jan 2018
Absolutely great! Love this thing! Thanks you share! It's so nice to dive in it.

Yes, your routing is pure mad genius. Agreed!
Glad you guys found some interest in this thing.
If you come up with any interesting modifications to it, make sure you share them!

Here is a version that I recorded for an hour last night, that could be described as spooky/mysterious, with a very active planet exploration crystal fm pad, with some sporadic demonoid laughing, intermittent playful imitation /mockery of some earthly jingles, the occasional angry storm and a variety of extraterrestrial-machine hybrids, curiously spying on observing and analyzing the explorer:
GNOST Xestreron.zip
(144.14 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

Audiotic

01 Feb 2018

It's all missing devices for me so it's your demo only. But as a concept this is really impressive!! Capturing sound from the ether....

modecca

02 Feb 2018

Audiotic wrote: ↑
01 Feb 2018
It's all missing devices for me so it's your demo only. But as a concept this is really impressive!! Capturing sound from the ether....
Yes the concept is interesting, but let us return back to this particular execution for a moment, as I find it to actual be something I want to listen to.
Its function being chore/contemplative background headphone music.

The only devices you are missing are the cv tuner (9 bucks) and Nostromo(100).
Everything else is either free or a stock device.
My soundcloud space ran up, but here is another insane yet beautiful demonstration, of what this thing is capable of:
https://we.tl/oS229ZQaUk

When ever I want a new version, I hit the dice button on each instance of the 4 Nostromos, maybe make a few tiny changes to the combinator programming and a song of any duration is instantly ready to export to .wav.

I'm really drawn to the off the grid nature and spontaneity of this thing and these 'songs' provide the ideal backdrop for a creative psychedelic lifestyle.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

motuscott

02 Feb 2018

Good to see ye olde WBL3001 Non-scientific Visualizer getting a workout.
Brian Eno says hi
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? πŸ§‚

Catblack

02 Feb 2018

Perhaps not the most original, but here's a version that incorporates a second set of everything, routes it all through some Selig Gains and allows you to slow Morphin Xfade between each set and also slow fade out the whole thing. The CV Tuners on the lower set are also set to different notes, so the whole thing is more in D minor, I think. (And the Nostromos are all a little tweaked, too, mostly in the delays.)
Attachments
GNOST Eterna Twin.zip
(162.73 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

PSoames

10 Feb 2018

Some fantastic sounds there.

Makes me want to scratch my Radiophonic Workshop itch.

modecca

12 Feb 2018

motuscott wrote: ↑
02 Feb 2018
Good to see ye olde WBL3001 Non-scientific Visualizer getting a workout.
Brian Eno says hi
The WBL3001 Non-scientific Visualizer by far was the best choice. The need to update it so one can automate the colors!
I once showed Eno, my Gnost combi and with an extremely disgusted look on his face he said 'Americans and their car alarm music.'

Auryn wrote: ↑
07 Feb 2018
Wow, you actually have a version I can try? You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. D/L as we speak...
PSoames wrote: ↑
10 Feb 2018
Some fantastic sounds there.
Makes me want to scratch my Radiophonic Workshop itch.
Data_Shrine wrote: ↑
11 Feb 2018
This is genius :O

Thanks guys for checking this contraption out.
I am releasing my favorite generative combinator (Gnost Transmogrificator) in a few days.
To quote/ paraphrase myself:

With this thing 60 minute 'albums' are fully created during the export song to .wav operation, which is about 15 minutes.
Just 4 instances of Nostromo inside 1 combinator, responsible for all this sound.
With this device you get:
Textures, drones, spontaneous lush pad sections and happy chip tune jingles all in the aeolian scale(that can be changed of course)!
The GNOST: Transmogrificator is the flagship version so far, because not only is it randomly, randomizing all 4 pitch lfos (shapes & speeds) + 4 gate lfos (shapes & speed) + randomizing the wavetable sweeps(shapes & speed) ......it is randomizing all 4 instances of Nostromo's wavetable oscillator slots!
This thing fully utilizes ALL of Nostromo's insane quantity of Lfo shapes and Oscillator Wave-forms.

πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

JacobiusWrex

13 Feb 2018

Whoa awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGodOfRainbows

14 Feb 2018

Modecca, you really make me wish I spent more time with Nostromo when I was trialing it. One of those try it, then I forget to try it, then 30 days is up situations. When it's on sale, I will seriously have to consider getting it because of your patches. I LOVE this https://we.tl/dN5TO2eMTe (expired) so much, I want to buy it just to listen to more and more and let it speak to me and tell me things, like it tells you things.

• Information