(sing along) Waco Texas Remix California Burrito

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
modecca

23 Jan 2018

Leave your folks and stay with us
ye shall have eternal life
livn in waco texas

all you love have come and gone
they were rotton all along
sleepn in the bed with satan

goodbye satan hello us
were good people you can trust
only in waco texas

when you hear HIM start to speak
you will finally feel alive
livin in the house with david

chorus X 2:
seen people like you plenty times before
lookn for david lookn for more
livn in waco tx

feeln alive for the very first time
livn without sin livn without pride

david speaks the truth unfolds
satan plans fade away
ONLY in waco tx

come on by and you will see
ye shall live eternally
livn in waco texas

say hello to your new best friend
and your TRUE family
sleepn in the bed with david

cast your wants into the ground
say hello to the holy crown
livn on fire with david

chorus:
seen people like you plenty times before
lookn for david lookn for more
livn in waco tx
feeln alive for the very first time
livn without sin livn without pride
Last edited by modecca on 23 Jan 2018, edited 1 time in total.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

aeox
Competition Winner

23 Jan 2018

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

aburazaru

23 Jan 2018

As somebody who's spent the last few months in and out of Waco... this is the only song I'll be able to think about when I go! I like it, man! The drums/percussion (stomps and stuff) seem a little high end heavy to me though. Otherwise it sounds great!
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

modecca

24 Jan 2018

Thanks guys for taking the time to listen.

What trips me out so much about this remix is that Lansford was able to go in a very different direction with the music (changing the context) yet keep the original vocals:

Waco was a horrific tragedy but it did expose how unprepared the ATF were to handle incidents of this nature and they have since realized what they did wrong:
-Overly confident planning involving an unknown threat.
-No sniper teams.
-Lack of quality intelligence before the raid.
-Limited medical resources.
-Agents were outgunned.
-No contingency plan.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

splangie

24 Jan 2018

modecca wrote: ↑
24 Jan 2018
Waco was a horrific tragedy but it did expose how unprepared the ATF were to handle incidents of this nature and they have since realized what they did wrong:

All for a sawn off shotgun. That is what they did wrong.

modecca

24 Jan 2018

splangie wrote: ↑
24 Jan 2018
24 Jan 2018
All for a sawn off shotgun. That is what they did wrong.
According to wiki:
The ATF became concerned over reports of automatic gunfire coming from the Carmel compound.
They obtained a search warrant on suspicion that the Davidians were modifying guns to have illegal automatic fire capability (they were correct) .
There were also allegations of sexual abuse.
Girls as young as 11 were given a plastic Star of David, signifying that they had "the light" and were ready to have sex with the cult leader.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

splangie

24 Jan 2018

24 Jan 2018

According to wiki:
The ATF became concerned over reports of automatic gunfire coming from the Carmel compound.
They obtained a search warrant on suspicion that the Davidians were modifying guns to have illegal automatic fire capability (they were correct) .
There were also allegations of sexual abuse.
Girls as young as 11 were given a plastic Star of David, signifying that they had "the light" and were ready to have sex with the cult leader.
So are you saying the BATF did this for the children? Did you read the warrant? It was a tax collection raid. That was the problem.

modecca

24 Jan 2018

splangie wrote: ↑
24 Jan 2018
24 Jan 2018

So are you saying the BATF did this for the children? Did you read the warrant? It was a tax collection raid. That was the problem.
I would know better than anyone else, I signed both the search warrant and the arrest warrant.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

PSoames

25 Jan 2018

Interesting remix. I think it offers something different from the original in so much as the original was very much dependant on the lyric to convey a message, but this with it's emphasis on the tune has given the song a greater sense of chaotic peril.

Nice evolution of an, already super idea.

modecca

26 Jan 2018

PSoames wrote: ↑
25 Jan 2018
Interesting remix. I think it offers something different from the original in so much as the original was very much dependant on the lyric to convey a message, but this with it's emphasis on the tune has given the song a greater sense of chaotic peril.

Nice evolution of an, already super idea.
Thanks man.
Pete's version is much more polished than my original version (he has always made it clear he detests the original version).
I should have done more than one take adding the new vocal layer, as the timing is off in certain spots.
I just know during the work week, if I don't complete creative projects fast, I may never get around to finishing them.
I know you probably have all kinds of stuff that you have done over the course of the last 7 months and it would be interesting to hear some of it.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

moneykube

26 Jan 2018

:exclamation: :lol: :exclamation: :thumbs_up: :o :lol: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: crazy man
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information