(Frosty) Christmas Pickle

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
strangers
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2018

Had a lot of fun writing this song for the Winter themed contest. Some of you may have heard the song already but figured I'd share now that everyone was able to make their song public.

I know Christmas is over but maybe this will keep the spirit going just a little longer because why not? Enjoy!

modecca

08 Jan 2018

strangers wrote:
07 Jan 2018
Had a lot of fun writing this song for the Winter themed contest. Some of you may have heard the song already but figured I'd share now that everyone was able to make their song public.

I know Christmas is over but maybe this will keep the spirit going just a little longer because why not? Enjoy!
🔗💥

strangers
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2018

modecca wrote:
08 Jan 2018
I woke up during the night and watched that while half asleep. That was pretty cool. The lights almost seemed synced up unless my tiredness was fooling me.

CaliforniaBurrito

09 Jan 2018

That was a fun listen. I like the color of the main chord that is being danced around.

modecca

09 Jan 2018

The only thing I did was select and change sections when the song changes.
When the timing of the lights lines up perfectly that was just dumb luck. This segment worked out perfectly:

This is an exceptional winter entry and evidence that you are one hell of talented composer by the way!

Would you be willing to release a version of this without that vocal sample?
I ask, because I am wondering if I would like this more without it.
🔗💥

strangers
Competition Winner

09 Jan 2018

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
09 Jan 2018
That was a fun listen. I like the color of the main chord that is being danced around.
Glad you liked it! Unfortunately, I don't even remember what chords I was playing for the piano parts. I originally had a different rhythm in mind but once I stumbled across the 1st chord that all went out the window. A little bit of noodling resulted in getting to what you hear on the track.
modecca wrote:
09 Jan 2018
The only thing I did was select and change sections when the song changes. When the timing of the lights lines up perfectly that was just dumb luck. This segment worked out perfectly:

This is an exceptional winter entry and evidence that you are one hell of talented composer by the way!

Would you be willing to release a version of this without that vocal sample?
I ask, because I am wondering if I would like this more without it.
That's some very good luck you've got on your side for that to have lined up so well. If I attempted something like that, there would be many laughs to be had :lol: .

Very big thanks for the kind words and support. That really means more than I can express. The really cool thing about having gotten into the electronic world over the past year or so is that it has really opened my ears to listen to every element of what makes a song a song. It has made a big improvement on my writing and hopefully it shows in some of the current music I've been doing.

I can definitely pull up the song file and remove the vocal samples to show how it sounds without it. Another person had asked me to do the same. Haven't yet had a chance to try it out but will be sure to post a second version shortly.

• Information