Idolatry (136 BPM Techno)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental

aeox
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2017

Digging this. Really nice subtleties to keep it interesting. Seems like there is a lot going on but it still sounds clean.

I'm not use to hearing a kick like that, must be a techno thing?

Anyway, :thumbs_up:

CaliforniaBurrito

28 Dec 2017

aeox wrote:
28 Dec 2017
Digging this. Really nice subtleties to keep it interesting. Seems like there is a lot going on but it still sounds clean.
Thanks!
aeox wrote:
28 Dec 2017
Oh yeah maybe I overcooked the kick. Too many beers deep at this point. I ran a kick through Soundtoys Decapitator to send it to hell and then I ran it out to a channel for Synapse DR-01 and then another channel for Softube Tube Delay.

aeox
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
28 Dec 2017
aeox wrote:
28 Dec 2017
Thanks!
aeox wrote:
28 Dec 2017
Oh yeah maybe I overcooked the kick. Too many beers deep at this point. I ran a kick through Soundtoys Decapitator to send it to hell and then I ran it out to a channel for Synapse DR-01 and then another channel for Softube Tube Delay.
Well I didn't say it was bad :P I've just never heard a kick like that before! It works for the track.

I started synthesizing kicks and snares with Kick 2 a few months ago, so I've been paying a lot more attention to drums as of late!

CaliforniaBurrito

28 Dec 2017

aeox wrote:
28 Dec 2017
Well I didn't say it was bad :P I've just never heard a kick like that before! It works for the track.

I started synthesizing kicks and snares with Kick 2 a few months ago, so I've been paying a lot more attention to drums as of late!
Ah I've been wondering about Kick 2. I am more into processing than synthesizing though. :D Yeah that distorted reverb kick is something I've been doing recently although it has been around for a while. I felt the need to take a break from my obsession with ABL3 bass lines.

per-anders

29 Dec 2017

Very Old Skool, sounds good to me, would work well in a club setting.

• Information