(synthwave) Exoplanet

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
raymondh

11 Dec 2017

Here's my first tune to use the Roland System-8

The most prominent synths are the System-8 (bassline, harmonies, some leads), JX-8P (main polysynth chords) and The Legend (main lead, pad bass).

Last edited by raymondh on 11 Dec 2017, edited 2 times in total.

strangers
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2017

Everything sounds fat and that's just me listening on my iPad for the time being. Can't wait to listen through some monitors. Very cool track. The arrangement flows nicely.

raymondh

11 Dec 2017

strangers wrote:
11 Dec 2017
Everything sounds fat and that's just me listening on my iPad for the time being. Can't wait to listen through some monitors. Very cool track. The arrangement flows nicely.
Thank you :)

jappe

15 Dec 2017

Immediately starts out like something I can imagine playing in Stranger Things.
I just love the lead.

Clean sounding... reminds me that I should make better effort to shape the sounds in my own songs to achieve that "less is more" sound.

Solid 80's vibe tune!

RTFX

20 Dec 2017

Sounds crisp! Well done. Not medium or rare 😉
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

wireless

20 Dec 2017

Oh bravo raymondh. That is one classy tune. Made me think of hang-gliding amongst the mountains, or maybe that scene in Avatar where the natives are flying with the dragon-birds amongst the garlanded hanging islands - definitely a feeling of free and easy dreaming/flying. Maybe a hint of jean-michel jarre too for us older folks....

Agree with the other comments about 'crisp' - the sound quality is exceptional with lots (maybe even a hint too much) top end? But that is definitely being picky - I loved this. Well done. :thumbs_up:

raymondh

21 Dec 2017

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the feedback. There's a couple of things I'm trying to improve
- having more 'multiple listen interest' items that are hard to hear the first time around but emerge on multiple listens
- the less is more - trying to make the track sound less 'busy' even though there's a lot of layers and things going on.
- adding effects processing as an integral part of sound design rather than the mix.

Have a lot to learn here which is all part of the fun :)

Wish you and your families happy holidays!

cheers, Raymond

demt

21 Dec 2017

luv the intro!
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information