(Indie) The Kids feat. Reason Pianos

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
JNeffLind

22 Nov 2017

Chorus: Fly high, fall low./ Start fast, finish slow./ Plant your heart deep and let it grow./ But say goodbye before you go.

The Icarus Kid and the Suicide Kid both want to forget her./ Same script, different casts, now they both regret her./ Despite, despite, despite opposite polarity./ Together they're approaching singularity.

Chorus:

Lady Luck nor Lady Love would give the kids a chance./ Looked down their perfect noses, grief given with a glance./ Somehow, somehow somehow, second hand sincerity./ Belied beloved's blunt barbarity.

Chorus:

The Icarus Kid and the Suicide Kid have bid on never ending./ The infinite invites preempting pretense of pretending./ And now, and now, and now with daring and dexterity./ They cut each other's hearts out, out of charity.

Chorus:

jappe

23 Nov 2017

JNeffLind wrote:
22 Nov 2017

Chorus: Fly high, fall low./ Start fast, finish slow./ Plant your heart deep and let it grow./ But say goodbye before you go.

The Icarus Kid and the Suicide Kid both want to forget her./ Same script, different casts, now they both regret her./ Despite, despite, despite opposite polarity./ Together they're approaching singularity.

Chorus:

Lady Luck nor Lady Love would give the kids a chance./ Looked down their perfect noses, grief given with a glance./ Somehow, somehow somehow, second hand sincerity./ Belied beloved's blunt barbarity.

Chorus:

The Icarus Kid and the Suicide Kid have bid on never ending./ The infinite invites preempting pretense of pretending./ And now, and now, and now with daring and dexterity./ They cut each other's hearts out, out of charity.

Chorus:
Again a nice song, beautiful piano and I like the vocals. I guess you are using Neptune for the pitch correction?

So I had to google once again to think about the lyrics (which again are beautifully written).
My impressions of the lyrics are: failing vs never trying, daring vs not minding dying, embracing wisdom vs learning-by-(not)doing

JNeffLind

23 Nov 2017

jappe wrote:
23 Nov 2017

Again a nice song, beautiful piano and I like the vocals. I guess you are using Neptune for the pitch correction?

So I had to google once again to think about the lyrics (which again are beautifully written).
My impressions of the lyrics are: failing vs never trying, daring vs not minding dying, embracing wisdom vs learning-by-(not)doing
Thanks for the kind words man. You've understood the lyrics well in a thematic sense. More specifically, this song was meant to be about a suicide pact between two men who had fallen in love with the same woman and both been rejected by her. Not sure if that comes through in the song but that was the inspiration.

I don't use Neptune for pitch correction, just use the pitch correction in the sequencer since I'm on 9.5. It takes some time to get it to come out right but I think it's much better and more natural sounding.

• Information