Kinda Heavy with Eastern Vibes (Pangea /Humana) - testing Ozone 8 - your opinions on mix appreciated

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
stratatonic

22 Nov 2017

Even though I am not a fan of Pangea, Klang and Humana, this came about from TritoneAddiction's thread on those devices.

It's mostly Humana and Pangea and the main Pangea lead is doubled up with Europa.

I threw the mix into Ozone 8 Elements Master Assisstant and this is what popped up. Any opinions on the mix would be most welcome. :)

JNeffLind

22 Nov 2017

This sounds great to me. Very heavy and industrial sounding without sacrificing melody. I like the breakdown at about 1:25 and like how you bring the other elements back in. I dig the Arabian Nights vibe combined with the more modern sounds. Nice work. The mix sounds great to me, but my ears aren't great for mixing.

TheGodOfRainbows

26 Nov 2017

:thumbs_up: :D Probably my favorite scales to play around with are Arabic or anything eastern and minor. Sounds great to me. What is the source of the drums? I like the sound design and heavy distorted guitar like sound. Good job, it rocks!

Last Alternative

26 Nov 2017

Pretty sick! Has a cool Celldweller/Infected Mushroom sound, minus the vocals. I think maybe the lows are e v e r so slightly muddy but it's not a deal breaker at all.
Good job putting the new devices to awesome use.

Jace
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

stratatonic

27 Nov 2017

JNeffLind wrote:
22 Nov 2017
This sounds great to me. Very heavy and industrial sounding without sacrificing melody. I like the breakdown at about 1:25 and like how you bring the other elements back in. I dig the Arabian Nights vibe combined with the more modern sounds. Nice work. The mix sounds great to me, but my ears aren't great for mixing.
Thanks. I like to try to add melodic elements, but it seems like everyone likes bad ass sound effects these days. Still mulling over the final arrangement - think I should extend that section you mention - we'll see. The whole project started out a bit mellow, and then sorta got progressively heavier and faster. :puf_smile:
Thanks for dropping in. :)

stratatonic

27 Nov 2017

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
26 Nov 2017
:thumbs_up: :D Probably my favorite scales to play around with are Arabic or anything eastern and minor. Sounds great to me. What is the source of the drums? I like the sound design and heavy distorted guitar like sound. Good job, it rocks!
Yeah, I'm a big fan of those scales as well! The drums? Uh...I'm not exactly sure :redface: ...they come from Reason 10 though. I was using the R10 demo and and working on the arrangement over a few days without closing Reason...I then bounced in place all the tracks and then bounced out and finished off the stereo wave files in R8. So instead of fixing timing of midi notes, I was shifting audio in R8. The "heavy distorted guitar like sound" is actually a distorted guitar layered on the synth. I was trying to avoid putting in a guitar, but I was demoing VST software as well as putting this together and it kinda dropped in nicely.
Cheers :)

stratatonic

27 Nov 2017

Last Alternative wrote:
26 Nov 2017
Pretty sick! Has a cool Celldweller/Infected Mushroom sound, minus the vocals. I think maybe the lows are e v e r so slightly muddy but it's not a deal breaker at all.
Good job putting the new devices to awesome use.

Jace
Thanks man. :) I recall hearing Celldweller a few years back and thinking he was pretty fukking heavy. He has some great production skills as does Mushroom. Listened to a few things IM did today. Interesting stuff.
The Ozone Assisitant told me to slightly boost the lows (I just left it what was suggested). It's a demo copy. I'll try out their Neutron one as well and see what happens wi the mix.

TheGodOfRainbows

28 Nov 2017

stratatonic wrote:
27 Nov 2017
I was trying to avoid putting in a guitar, but I was demoing VST software as well as putting this together and it kinda dropped in nicely.
Why trying to avoid putting in guitar. Never avoid putting in guitar! :mrgreen: :puf_wink:

Ixus

30 Nov 2017

Sounds like a chase scene from an action movie, im diggin it :D

Fat kicks!

stratatonic

11 Dec 2017

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
28 Nov 2017
stratatonic wrote:
27 Nov 2017
I was trying to avoid putting in a guitar, but I was demoing VST software as well as putting this together and it kinda dropped in nicely.
Why trying to avoid putting in guitar. Never avoid putting in guitar! :mrgreen: :puf_wink:
I suppose...I always seem to post more synth based stuff using Reason and forum...more guitar, yeah, like the poster below:...
Ixus wrote:
30 Nov 2017
Sounds like a chase scene from an action movie, im diggin it :D

Fat kicks!
Thanks for dropping in. :) Listening to this after a week, I think the kicks may be too fat... :puf_unhappy:

Re8et
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2017

3 seconds in? You got it. 1.23 the ooh may lack some harmonics k perhaps.

RTFX

20 Dec 2017

Hard n heavy! Good stuff bro. Well balanced sound.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

stratatonic

04 Jan 2018

Re8et wrote:
17 Dec 2017
3 seconds in? You got it. 1.23 the ooh may lack some harmonics k perhaps.
Hi. I don't understand what you mean... No, really, I don't :redface: But thanks. I think :puf_bigsmile:
RTFX wrote:
20 Dec 2017
Hard n heavy! Good stuff bro. Well balanced sound.
Thanks for dropping in and commenting. Cheers! :)

• Information