(EDM) Arise

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Challeee

21 Nov 2017

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.
The track I been working on for over 3 months you can have a listen to it here
I know there may be a little to much compression on the master buss but I'm planning to remove that before sending it to the mastering process.
Feel free to have a listen and let me know what you think. Is it ready or does it missing something?

Loque

21 Nov 2017

Challeee wrote:
21 Nov 2017
I know there may be a little to much compression on the master buss but I'm planning to remove that before sending it to the mastering process.
Feel free to have a listen and let me know what you think. Is it ready or does it missing something?
To me it sounds good. Some neat details. as you seem to focus some EDM, it may lack the thing everyone can "remember" or the thing, that makes it easy to "identify", something that makes it outstand of the masses. This is called the main idea (commonly vocals or melody) of the track. Maybe this is the reason why you think it still miss something?
Reason12, Win10

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2017

Challeee wrote:
21 Nov 2017
EDIT: Oops this was suppose to be posted in another thread about finishing tracks.. I got things all mixed up somehow..
Each track is a learning experience. It's good to let them go and move onto the next project sometimes. Yea sure , there will always be something you could make better on a track in hindsight.

I feel like 3 months could be a long time to work on a track, but it depends on how much experience you have. Those 3 months could be you learning a lot of steps on the way and etc. I usually start an idea everyone once and awhile that takes maybe 4-5 hours. Which I end up going back to the projects later on and usually finish them in another 4-5 hour session or maybe a few 4-5 hour sessions. Heck,. maybe a 12 hour session (trying not to do these anymore)

jimmakos2000

21 Nov 2017

I Love it!

JNeffLind

22 Nov 2017

This is great man. Three months is a long time but it really shows on a track like this. I always cringe when I see someone brag about doing a track in a night and then the track is really boring. This is interesting melodically and with sound design, but also with structure. It ebbs and flows. Section at 1:45 is my favorite when that new sound comes in. This is top notch. One of the best tracks of this type I've heard on here.

Challeee

22 Nov 2017

Wow great and thanks for tuning in and sharing your thoughts on this. I really worked hard on this track and I really love it. I have saved like 45 different audio files from this track and it's so much fun listening in to each version hearing how it developed. I just want to say that I love Reason. It helped me through many difficulties in life.
Anyway enough about me. I'm going to listen to your some of your tracks here on the forum. And again thank you for the nice feedback!

lakinlakin

22 Nov 2017

Liked it. Well done.

• Information