(80's vibe melodic synthpop) The Cure

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
jappe

16 Nov 2017

Another one inspired by 80's melodic synth pop

I'm curious about if this music reminds you of any specific group?

Suggestions & impressions most welcome!

----

Made in Propellerheads Reason v 9.5
All sounds from Bitleys Fairlight and other refills
Effects and sound processing: Reason plugins from Selig, Jiggery Pokery, Synapse, IOX AudioWare, OchenK.

----

How I made this song:

Wrote lyrics.
I started out with making an 8-bar 707 drum sequence.
With that running in a loop, and lyrics in mind, I experimented with chord sequences and made 8 bars of that.
Recorded a verse of vocals in comp edit - bounced the three best takes to disk, and cleaned up the takes in Adobe Audition, re-imported into Reason. Some places only solo vocals, some places solo + left and right channel panned takes
After that, adding bass and lead melodies and other new parts bit by bit in different parts of the song.
Finally going through the song iteratively, finding the weakest spots, and correcting/deleting parts when determined necessary. Judging content is better the day after it was created to remove the bias/blind spot problem.

----

BananaSkins

16 Nov 2017

The 80's is Alive @ Kicking...
Aha - have been put in a washing machine with O.M.D and this is the result. :puf_smile:

Out of my studio traveling at the moment.
Just listened to this once on my iPad speaker .so obviously not the best environment to analyse it better etc
First thoughts; I like it, hopefully I will get another listen through my studio monitors and add my further thoughts.

Keep up the good work... :thumbs_up:

JNeffLind

16 Nov 2017

This sounds great man. Very big sound and high energy. The mix sounds good to me in that it sounds very big but still has distinct parts that can be picked out. As usual you write very nice lyrics that work well in the song. I don't know enough about this kind of music to tell you who it sounds like, but I like it.

jappe

20 Nov 2017

BananaSkins wrote:
16 Nov 2017
The 80's is Alive @ Kicking...
Aha - have been put in a washing machine with O.M.D and this is the result. :puf_smile:

Out of my studio traveling at the moment.
Just listened to this once on my iPad speaker .so obviously not the best environment to analyse it better etc
First thoughts; I like it, hopefully I will get another listen through my studio monitors and add my further thoughts.

Keep up the good work... :thumbs_up:
Thank's for listening!
O.M.D and Aha, they're both in that 80's brew I grew up with :)

jappe

20 Nov 2017

JNeffLind wrote:
16 Nov 2017
This sounds great man. Very big sound and high energy. The mix sounds good to me in that it sounds very big but still has distinct parts that can be picked out. As usual you write very nice lyrics that work well in the song. I don't know enough about this kind of music to tell you who it sounds like, but I like it.
Thank's for the kind words :)
Regarding lyrics, I really want to read more English literature to get a better feeling for the language.
But Rhymezone helps :)

motuscott

20 Nov 2017

Pick pocket proof musicware you want.
I too was once young and not quite as withered.
Still the musics lives.
I'll see myself out...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

JNeffLind

22 Nov 2017

jappe wrote:
20 Nov 2017
JNeffLind wrote:
16 Nov 2017
Thank's for the kind words :)
Regarding lyrics, I really want to read more English literature to get a better feeling for the language.
But Rhymezone helps :)
I still use Rhymezone sometimes when I get into trouble. No shame in that.

logicalpocket

22 Nov 2017

Really like the arrangement and melodies on this! It's all very elaborate but maintains flow wonderfully throughout. Great stuff
Blep

jappe

22 Nov 2017

logicalpocket wrote:
22 Nov 2017
Really like the arrangement and melodies on this! It's all very elaborate but maintains flow wonderfully throughout. Great stuff
Thanks for listening, glad you liked it!

• Information