(Vibey, Trap) Song made w/ Hurricane Maria Relief in mind

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
BPGeez

12 Nov 2017

I have a bunch of friends who were affected by Hurricane Maria. There is a free download. If it moves you, please donate a few coins to https://hispanicfederation.org/unidos/

This song was produced and recorded in Reason
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

Wickline

12 Nov 2017

Digging the track man. Sounds really good.

And your signature :lol: :lol: :lol:
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

Westall 66

13 Nov 2017

Sounds very professionally done and the lyrics are pretty amazing. In the beginning there was a bit of a harsh undertone that made what you were saying hard to hear. I believe that could be left as is, but if corrected would help sell the message of the track. Otherwise this feels like a solid A list hiphop track and it got me into the groove quick. Would you perhaps consider fading it out at the end instead of the abrupt cutoff. A well done fade-out is proven to keep the rhythm of the track going on in someone's head, and is a feature of most pop songs. I think it could help you here. Glad to hear this track, really boosts my own confidence about what level I'm aiming for when I produce in Reason.

Nothing serious at the moment.

JNeffLind

13 Nov 2017

Sounds tight and clean. I saw that a previous poster commented on the lyrics but for me the singer's delivery is a bit hard to understand in places. Might be helpful to post lyrics with the track. Sounds dope though man.

Check out mine if you get the chance:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7504218

BPGeez

13 Nov 2017

Wickline wrote:
12 Nov 2017
Digging the track man. Sounds really good.

And your signature :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you my good sir.. Took just as much time to come up with the signature :lol:

BananaSkins

13 Nov 2017

Great potential here...

Watch out though too many instruments over powering your vocals at times making it hard to understand your lyrics and diction.

Remember your Vocal is the number one instrument! All other instruments are there to support it not dominate it.

Keep up the good work and good luck to your friends trying to get some normality back in their lives.

BPGeez

13 Nov 2017

Westall 66 wrote:
13 Nov 2017
Sounds very professionally done and the lyrics are pretty amazing. In the beginning there was a bit of a harsh undertone that made what you were saying hard to hear. I believe that could be left as is, but if corrected would help sell the message of the track. Otherwise this feels like a solid A list hiphop track and it got me into the groove quick. Would you perhaps consider fading it out at the end instead of the abrupt cutoff. A well done fade-out is proven to keep the rhythm of the track going on in someone's head, and is a feature of most pop songs. I think it could help you here. Glad to hear this track, really boosts my own confidence about what level I'm aiming for when I produce in Reason.
My man! I really appreciate the great and detailed feedback. I was struggling with the fadeout question myself.. but the rapid fadeout was just so unusual, and I'm all about untraditional :mrgreen: As for the beginning lyrics, you are not alone in finding them hard to understand. It is poem I wrote to a friend that is a mashup of English and broken Spanish hence the title "Roto" (which means broken in Spanish). As my man JNeffLind suggested here are the lyrics (and a rough translation of it)

Ella (she, her) I wrote you a letter, enamorada (in love) for you in mañana (the morning),
Espero estiro durado (I hope it lasts), in permanent marker forever and ever/
Whatever my lover quiera (wants), Put it together girl what am I sayin’,
My my yellow, bella (beautiful) my Ella Bonita (She's pretty) my//

It's sort of a puzzle and I'm not sure if anyone, even spanish speakers can figure it out without taking some time out for it. but it was my attempt ;)

Also I was checking out some of your music! I know we into different genres, but I offer one-to-one Skype lessons if you are interested. I will post the info in my signature! Gracias mi amigo (Thank you my friend)
Last edited by BPGeez on 13 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

BPGeez

13 Nov 2017

BananaSkins wrote:
13 Nov 2017
Great potential here...

Watch out though too many instruments over powering your vocals at times making it hard to understand your lyrics and diction.

Remember your Vocal is the number one instrument! All other instruments are there to support it not dominate it.

Keep up the good work and good luck to your friends trying to get some normality back in their lives.
Yes, yes, yes.. I KNOW hahaha! I just love my instruments soo much more than I like my voice :lol: It's always a struggle for me

Sincere Thanks
Last edited by BPGeez on 13 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

BPGeez

13 Nov 2017

JNeffLind wrote:
13 Nov 2017
Sounds tight and clean. I saw that a previous poster commented on the lyrics but for me the singer's delivery is a bit hard to understand in places. Might be helpful to post lyrics with the track. Sounds dope though man.

Check out mine if you get the chance:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7504218
Done at both ends!

Thanks for the feedback

jappe

15 Nov 2017

My sub had to work at the right places :thumbs_up:

It's not my genre, but this is well done.
Sounds professional to me!

BPGeez

16 Nov 2017

jappe wrote:
15 Nov 2017
My sub had to work at the right places :thumbs_up:

It's not my genre, but this is well done.
Sounds professional to me!
Thank you very much for the compliment my dear sir!

• Information