(Minimoog) Legends abound

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
jfrichards

12 Nov 2017

The Legend is a dream come true for me. Bob Moog sounds with direct lineage from the Theramin labs, all inspired by the 1917 uprisings in all countries. Revolutionary sound from revolutionary instruments that changed the world and still can. Inside Reason in my iMac!!!!

JNeffLind

13 Nov 2017

Hey man. It's been a while. I really dig the sonic palette you're working with here. This doesn't sound as clean as some of your other stuff, more like you're just playing around and having fun. If you were to incorporate these sounds into a more tightly structured song it could be super dope though. I dig it.

Check mine out if you get the chance:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7504218

jfrichards

14 Nov 2017

Hey J, like watcha say. I'm doing a lot of sonic experimentation with the minimoog. It sure needs to be pared down soundwise. I used to have the same problem with a Korg N364 (an M1 without sampling) Too rich too often but addictive.

Just listened to a bunch of your stuff. Really great. What I always felt a burning need for while listening was an electric lead guitar. Your sonic palette and melodic structures are perfect for lead guitar. Somebody really good like Dimi filling the huge hallways and caverns you leave empty for people to think. A sound to back up the woman in the evening dress with the M16.

PS, I've been doing a lot of playing around and having fun:
https://allihoopa.com/jfrichards
all in preparation for some big serious pieces on the current outrages

raymondh

14 Nov 2017

Proof that software can sound as good as vintage analog hardware!

JNeffLind

15 Nov 2017

jfrichards wrote:
14 Nov 2017
Hey J, like watcha say. I'm doing a lot of sonic experimentation with the minimoog. It sure needs to be pared down soundwise. I used to have the same problem with a Korg N364 (an M1 without sampling) Too rich too often but addictive.

Just listened to a bunch of your stuff. Really great. What I always felt a burning need for while listening was an electric lead guitar. Your sonic palette and melodic structures are perfect for lead guitar. Somebody really good like Dimi filling the huge hallways and caverns you leave empty for people to think. A sound to back up the woman in the evening dress with the M16.

PS, I've been doing a lot of playing around and having fun:
https://allihoopa.com/jfrichards
all in preparation for some big serious pieces on the current outrages
Hey man. Thanks for the kind words. I'm actually thinking about posting some stuff on here that's just piano and vocal with the invitation to others to remix or use as they see fit. Maybe you can lay down some guitar for me some time. I look forward to hearing your future work.

• Information