(Vocode/Acoustic): Pluto and Persephone

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
JNeffLind

09 Nov 2017

Been away for a while. Anyone still active on these boards? Check it out.

Pluto and Persephone

Daughter of demeter, daughter of Zeus./ Found her wildflowers woven into a noose./ As a chariot of midnight turned petals to debris./ Pluto and Persephone.

Zeus looked away, as poor Demeter wept. And flowers wilted with her as death and darkness crept./ But love will not be bound, even by a god’s decree./ Pluto and Persephone

Lean into love, from a stolen start./ Trying to believe in a stolen heart./ Dark grows lighter eventually./ Pluto and Persephone.

Hidden in the underworld denied the sky’s glow. Persephone abandoned hope her heart sunk low./ Until the sun revealed his vision’s history. Pluto and Persephone..

Demeter spent a year, denying flower’s blooms./ Famine followed closely, farms and fields turned to tombs./ But Zeus must have his subjects, so finally heard her plea. Pluto and Persephone.

Persephone had whithered, starved with misery. But Pluto begged her eat since she’d soon be walking free. A trick that tied her to him with pomegranate’s fee. Pluto and Persephone.

Now six months of the year, she walks the world above./ And six months of the year she’s denied her mother’s love. The seasons follow suit in despair or jubilee. Pluto and Persephone.

jappe

15 Nov 2017

JNeffLind wrote:
09 Nov 2017
Been away for a while. Anyone still active on these boards? Check it out.

Pluto and Persephone

Daughter of demeter, daughter of Zeus./ Found her wildflowers woven into a noose./ As a chariot of midnight turned petals to debris./ Pluto and Persephone.

Zeus looked away, as poor Demeter wept. And flowers wilted with her as death and darkness crept./ But love will not be bound, even by a god’s decree./ Pluto and Persephone

Lean into love, from a stolen start./ Trying to believe in a stolen heart./ Dark grows lighter eventually./ Pluto and Persephone.

Hidden in the underworld denied the sky’s glow. Persephone abandoned hope her heart sunk low./ Until the sun revealed his vision’s history. Pluto and Persephone..

Demeter spent a year, denying flower’s blooms./ Famine followed closely, farms and fields turned to tombs./ But Zeus must have his subjects, so finally heard her plea. Pluto and Persephone.

Persephone had whithered, starved with misery. But Pluto begged her eat since she’d soon be walking free. A trick that tied her to him with pomegranate’s fee. Pluto and Persephone.

Now six months of the year, she walks the world above./ And six months of the year she’s denied her mother’s love. The seasons follow suit in despair or jubilee. Pluto and Persephone.

I had to google on the lyrics to understand the context. Not a role model father there!
An ancient abduction story beautifully expressed by your poetry!

When I hear the music it makes me think of when I made music to William Blake' poems...poetry is a great music starter and a tip for anyone with writers block!
I hear some strong resonance around 200Hz in the music, wondering if it's from your recording environment or perhaps from some EQ?

JNeffLind

16 Nov 2017

Thanks for the feedback man. I figured this song had disappeared into the depths of reasontalk. You're probably right about the resonance. I did zero mixing on this besides putting a preset mastering patch on it. I'm glad you enjoyed the poetry. I agree that poetry is a great starting point. I always write my lyrics separately and then put them to music after, so it's like each song starts as a poem.

• Information