(Serpentine video) Snake bite (TritoneAddiction)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
modecca

06 Nov 2017

A montage of various snakes, in their usual villainous roles, played over TritoneAddiction's song 'Snakebite'

🔗💥

CaliforniaBurrito

06 Nov 2017

Well done. Nice tones coming from the Snakebite too Mr. A.

Majestik Monkey

06 Nov 2017

Superb track [ TritoneAddiction ] :thumbs_up:

Love that Snake bite style :puf_bigsmile:

Galaxy

06 Nov 2017

Jesus Christ this TritoneAddiction dude is one talented mofo. Never heard a song of his I didn't like.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Nov 2017

Thanks for the compliments on the track guys.

The snakebite synth is an interesting one imo. It's far from the best sounding synth but it's kind of quirky and that makes me come up with stuff I wouldn't normally come up with. I do appreciate an instrument with character whether it's beautiful or harsh.
Snakebite tend work better in the latter category imo, though it can produce other sounds too.

modecca

07 Nov 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
07 Nov 2017
Thanks for the compliments on the track guys.

The snakebite synth is an interesting one imo. It's far from the best sounding synth but it's kind of quirky and that makes me come up with stuff I wouldn't normally come up with. I do appreciate an instrument with character whether it's beautiful or harsh.
Snakebite tend work better in the latter category imo, though it can produce other sounds too.
🐍The title and the overall feel of the song, made it super easy to figure out what I was going to do with it visually. A happy song named snakebite for example would have been much more tricky.
I agree that taking one scene, cutting it up into 2 or three pieces and placing each scene throughout the video creates a narritive effect(the song helps with this a lot).
In regards to the movie that was used for that giant snake eating those rapey fellows, it comes from a Bollywood movie called Hisss.
I know for certain it's something I would never be able to sit through, but
that's whats great about being able to extract something interesting, out of something that as a whole stinks.
I have never been interested in the Michael bay transformers for example, but the very first time I heard your song, I pictured a large hi-tech green reptile robot transforming at a particular section and I was able to find a scene that perfectly matched that image in my head.

As a result of putting the video together it required me to listen to this song many times and rather than getting tired of the song quickly, it really grew on me and my appreciation for it, is much greater than the first time I heard it.
I can totally relate with the length of yours songs being short, providing constant action,and allowing zero room for filler.
This is part of the reason your song is easy to listen to many times, despite its intentionally aggressive sound.
I have to admit I didn't totally connect with the section that serves as a bridge, but I can see how it gives the neighboring areas some functional tension and release and it makes total sense with the video.
I really like how the song starts off with that sick bass line and that part where you really showcase the synths characteristic sound (screechy 'transformer' section). I also like this funky thing you do with portamento or maybe its pitch bending @:023 and a couple of other spots.
🔗💥

CaliforniaBurrito

07 Nov 2017

I really appreciate the enthusiasm here. The video was indeed pretty great! Hey Mr. Tomb maybe you should start a Fiverr profile and have people pay you to create video montages for them. There is an issue with copyright content of course but you can go with royalty free footage across the board. I would certainly pay for your service.

Edited: legal reasons. :twisted:

• Information