(synth demo) Explorer - demo of the Rob Papen eXplorer 4 synth bundle

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
raymondh

19 Oct 2017

Hi

Having recently bought this VST bundle, I thought that it would be a good way to learn the synths by creating a track only with the synths in the bundle (learned that from the song challenges!). Only just scratching the surface, but here's my first attempt;

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2017

I think it's the best bundle out there, I got this and Komplete Ultimate 11 at the same time, this totally blows Komplete out of the water, so much so I'm looking to sell my Komplete.

I have not had chance to hear the track, will do later.

raymondh

19 Oct 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
19 Oct 2017
I think it's the best bundle out there, I got this and Komplete Ultimate 11 at the same time, this totally blows Komplete out of the water, so much so I'm looking to sell my Komplete.

Hi Carly. That's really interesting. On paper, Komplete looks like an incredible bundle. I only own Reaktor out of that bundle, but I never use it. I know it's powerful, but it confuses me.

I find the Rob Papen synths very 'accessible'. GoTo synths that are easy and fast to dial up. I still prefer the RE format but the VSTs are still good too.

Blue II especially is an incredible synth - really deep and I only used presets in this track, haven't learned how to program it yet.

The other thing that really impressed me is how CPU-friendly all the Rob Papen synths are. There's a bunch of instruments on the track and still plenty of CPU to spare. Really nice as there seems to be an increasing expectation that these days you have to pay (CPU) to get a great sound, and I think Rob Papen / ConcreteFX are proving you can have the best of both worlds!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2017

raymondh wrote:
19 Oct 2017
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
19 Oct 2017

Hi Carly. That's really interesting. On paper, Komplete looks like an incredible bundle. I only own Reaktor out of that bundle, but I never use it. I know it's powerful, but it confuses me.

I find the Rob Papen synths very 'accessible'. GoTo synths that are easy and fast to dial up. I still prefer the RE format but the VSTs are still good too.

Blue II especially is an incredible synth - really deep and I only used presets in this track, haven't learned how to program it yet.

The other thing that really impressed me is how CPU-friendly all the Rob Papen synths are. There's a bunch of instruments on the track and still plenty of CPU to spare. Really nice as there seems to be an increasing expectation that these days you have to pay (CPU) to get a great sound, and I think Rob Papen / ConcreteFX are proving you can have the best of both worlds!
Komplete is a great bundle for the right person, I'm so not a sample person, Massive is good, I had fun with blocks and Reaktor, but the rest as I said is not for me, thought I would be converted but no. At the end of the day I prefer synth strings over real strings, yes I have the softphoncs stuff and again it's good, but I think I have used it once and only for an end stab.

I totally agree with everything you say, easy to use, CPU friendly, loads of presets.

If I do get to sell my Komplete I will buy Massive separately.

The other thing I like about the RP stuff is most of it is mappable..

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Poly Madness
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sdst
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2017

you are doing a good promotion to Rop papen with this. :) sounds really good

raymondh

20 Oct 2017

sdst wrote:
20 Oct 2017
you are doing a good promotion to Rop papen with this. :) sounds really good
That's very kind of you to say :) Thanks very much :)

• Information