(additive electronica) Imaginary Friends II

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
modecca

16 Oct 2017

🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2017

Nice to see a new upload.

Trippy!

Was that Fritz during the short speech at the end? I tried Fritz out for the first time today and it sounded a bit like that.

CaliforniaBurrito

16 Oct 2017

This sounds like Teflon Tomb 2.0 as if you've been away on a great journey and you return bearing gifts of dopamine release for the psychedelic enthusiasts. Your video work is entertaining as always. Love the odd shots of your Akai on the bicycle and in the oven. I interpreted a visual of you playing with dice in a tambourine - not sure if that's what it was but I like it!

Captivating intro with the dip in energy and building it back up. Great bass grooves and I like how they subtly sneak away as you fade the energy of the arrangement before building it back up again. The arrangement works pretty well without cliché transitional elements. This is a massive leap from what I heard a year ago when your arrangements were a bit jarring. Good panning work and interesting movement within your timbres.

I got the notification at work and I had to stop what I was doing to indulge because it's been too long. I proceeded to listen a few more times as I walked around in the dead of night and thought you should continue on this path.

dana

17 Oct 2017

Yeah, this is really nice. Would be great to build on this some more :)

sdst
Competition Winner

17 Oct 2017

this makes me laugh and scares at the same time

some kind of resident evil

modecca

17 Oct 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Oct 2017
Nice to see a new upload.
Trippy!
Was that Fritz during the short speech at the end? I tried Fritz out for the first time today and it sounded a bit like that.
Actually that was Spectre.
I started the song using a lot of oberon 2 and wanted to do something additive with that lunatic Dwayne's voice and found a great opportunity to use AirRaid Spectre.

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
16 Oct 2017
This sounds like Teflon Tomb 2.0 as if you've been away on a great journey and you return bearing gifts of dopamine release for the psychedelic enthusiasts.
I think simply having a camera man for this, gave me that extra boost to to make the effort to finish a project, rather than continue to keeping adding to the long list of experiments I have been making, that don't seem worthy of investing any time into.
The tamborine actually had bones in it, so I was 'reading the bones.'

I agree with your assessment that this stuff is better than what I have previously been doing and
I think I'm done with the atonal noise thing.
🔗💥

CaliforniaBurrito

18 Oct 2017

modecca wrote:
17 Oct 2017
I think simply having a camera man for this, gave me that extra boost to to make the effort to finish a project, rather than continue to keeping adding to the long list of experiments I have been making, that don't seem worthy of investing any time into.
The tamborine actually had bones in it, so I was 'reading the bones.'

I agree with your assessment that this stuff is better than what I have previously been doing and
I think I'm done with the atonal noise thing.
Yeah having somebody around could be pretty inspiring as I experienced when I started in hip hop. Reading the bones are ya. That puts another twist on things. Atonal noise is cool (whatever keeps your boat afloat) but people do relate to melodic movement more. :)

aeox
Competition Winner

18 Oct 2017

Without watching the video first, I love the picture that is being painted in my head.

Really interesting panned stuff happening, very.. Teflon Tomb-esque. The kind of sounds that I'd expect to only come out of Reason, not in a bad way.

Watching the video, I get a whole different feeling! It's weird how that works, isn't it? :P

Nice work Modecca, good to see you are still around!

modecca

19 Oct 2017

aeox wrote:
18 Oct 2017
Without watching the video first, I love the picture that is being painted in my head.

Really interesting panned stuff happening, very.. Teflon Tomb-esque. The kind of sounds that I'd expect to only come out of Reason, not in a bad way.

Watching the video, I get a whole different feeling! It's weird how that works, isn't it? :P

Nice work Modecca, good to see you are still around!

Notice the option of watching it without the audio never comes up ( have people no time for silent movies in 2017!?!).
Teflon tomb: showcasing the 'reason sound.' Not exactly the goal I was shooting for haha.
The smoke and mirrors can no longer hide the fact that I'm still on reason 1.0, you caught me.
Seriously I do use Alligator some what frequently on this track and this one of the reasons the in-house stench is so apparent.
I never anticipated it would be so easy to detect, being that I always bypass it's filters/effects and just use it as a gating device.
🔗💥

• Information