Moody Techno with Ozone 8

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
CaliforniaBurrito

10 Oct 2017

Here is the video of master processing.

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2017

Mix on point.

Liking the drums overall.

Love that bass with the subtle down sampling.

Interesting addition of synths @ 3:37 Also another synth I really like this @ 1:57 and various other places in the arrangement.

Nice work!

Zac

11 Oct 2017

P. I just watched that 16 min vid of the mastering (I don't watch 16 min of much else)... it was so interesting to see what you were doing. I'll prob never have ozone 8 but seeing that range you brought up from ref songs as a 'band of acceptability' across the eq spectrum was ace. Interesting to see how you tried changing the audio to that curve as well; not just dipping where it dips; but also try boosting before the band to make it dip! (awesome).

Interesting that you weren't afraid to use fairly deep eq cut too. I learned a lot man, thanks. Cool voice also ;)

I paid $5 for scuzzyeye to master one or two of my tracks (they weren't really worthy of mastering) and learned about the pink noise curve from his in depth commentarys. It looks pretty much like your band there on your vid but without the little bulbous growth around the hi-hats.

Great stuff P. Thanks.

frog974new

11 Oct 2017

love the mood of the track :)
a classic but there's some cool stuff on it
thanks to share the mastering processing , very helpfull to see how your set your target range and some tips

CaliforniaBurrito

11 Oct 2017

aeox wrote:
10 Oct 2017
Love that bass with the subtle down sampling.
Interesting catch! Decimort and ABL3 are meant to be. :) Thanks for the comments.
Zac wrote:
11 Oct 2017
it was so interesting to see what you were doing.
Thanks for the feedback! The db range on the Ozone EQ is more "shallow" as a mastering EQ should be rather than a lot of other EQ's I've used so the visual display appears to be more dramatic than a common EQ. I'm just winging it though. Maybe I shouldn't be so dramatic but I just do what sounds good to me. :D I processed six other tracks yesterday and didn't find myself making such solid dips with Post EQ. I like using the dynamic EQ to tame that 4k-5k range though which I seem to have an issue with in all of my tracks! :shock:
frog974new wrote:
11 Oct 2017
love the mood of the track :)
a classic but there's some cool stuff on it
thanks to share the mastering processing , very helpfull to see how your set your target range and some tips
Yes it has come a long way since I busted out the live arrangement back in March I think it was. Thanks for checking it out!

Zac

11 Oct 2017

Keep the vids and exposure coming, you'll get there. If I was you I'd play your mastered song at the end of the youtube vid (and eventually whenever it happens, link to the BUY button), i know it makes it longer, but hell, 16m vs 22m is small beer really for most. They don't want to have to switch to soundclown. I didn't. But I don't have any bandwdth. The video was a big winner for me.

CaliforniaBurrito

11 Oct 2017

Zac wrote:
11 Oct 2017
Keep the vids and exposure coming, you'll get there. If I was you I'd play your mastered song at the end of the youtube vid (and eventually whenever it happens, link to the BUY button), i know it makes it longer, but hell, 16m vs 22m is small beer really for most. They don't want to have to switch to soundclown. I didn't. But I don't have any bandwdth. The video was a big winner for me.
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I plan on releasing an album with CD Baby before the end of this year and then decide what to do from there. :)

ionly

14 Oct 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
11 Oct 2017
I plan on releasing an album with CD Baby before the end of this year and then decide what to do from there. :)
Great tune Mr Burrito. I'd love to hear that album

ionly

14 Oct 2017

Btw, your mixes are top-notch. Out of curiosity, do you add any reverb at the mastering stage?

Cheers

VOIDMONIKER

14 Oct 2017

Excellent use of sound (and of course the mix is on point.) I love all of the subtle introduction of layers. Nice work all around.

• Information