[Melodic Death Metal] A Thousand Years of Winter

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Ixus

08 Oct 2017

:redface: Its real name is "Tusenårig Vinter" and the whole song is in Swedish, my friend is the singer and I made the rest.

This song has been in the pipeline for so long i just wanted to get it over with, the mix is not perfect but I've decided its done.

Its about a lone wanderer, finding himself wandering the lands of a lost civilization covered in ice. :P

All made in Reason

Hope you like it, cheers!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Oct 2017

I don't listen much to death metal nowadays, I used to though.
At first I was like 9 minutes, that's a long time. Not the easiest thing to pull that off successfully, but I think you did. There was plenty of variation to keep it interesting throughout.
In some parts I got some Amon Amarth vibes.
I like the guitar tone.

Nice job.

Ixus

08 Oct 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
08 Oct 2017
I don't listen much to death metal nowadays, I used to though.
At first I was like 9 minutes, that's a long time. Not the easiest thing to pull that off successfully, but I think you did. There was plenty of variation to keep it interesting throughout.
In some parts I got some Amon Amarth vibes.
I like the guitar tone.

Nice job.
Thank you! I was very inspired by Amon as well as Thyrfing. It is supposed to be the first song of a EP project with my mate of 4 songs, all with the winter theme, the other songs are partially complete but would all require re-recording like I did with this one and my mate rarely has time to record vocals as he is studying.

Im pretty satisfied with the songwriting aspect of it actually :D It just kinda became that long to fit all the ideas I had.

Cheers for listening! :)

sdst
Competition Winner

08 Oct 2017

that guitar was great. :) very nice track

Ixus

08 Oct 2017

sdst wrote:
08 Oct 2017
that guitar was great. :) very nice track
Thank you man :mrgreen:

Im using Line 6 Helix for the guitar tones

stratatonic

08 Oct 2017

Ixus wrote:
08 Oct 2017
my friend is the singer
Holy liquid growl! I am wiping the ooze from my monitors right now... :puf_bigsmile:

Nice work , mate. You did a great job maintaining interest over the tune.

I really like the acoustic section as well with the harmony guitar and the underlying support. Sounds great. Is that a real acoustic guitar? Or is that acoustic guitar sampled ? :redface: (I can't really tell - it sounds really good!) Is your Helix rack or floor?

Ixus

08 Oct 2017

stratatonic wrote:
08 Oct 2017
Ixus wrote:
08 Oct 2017
my friend is the singer
Holy liquid growl! I am wiping the ooze from my monitors right now... :puf_bigsmile:

Nice work , mate. You did a great job maintaining interest over the tune.

I really like the acoustic section as well with the harmony guitar and the underlying support. Sounds great. Is that a real acoustic guitar? Or is that acoustic guitar sampled ? :redface: (I can't really tell - it sounds really good!) Is your Helix rack or floor?
Haha thanks alot man! :redface:

My mate has had an interest in growling so I got inspired to make music that he could growl on. He has a naturally deep voice and he got pretty good fast, pretty nice to have him around for music projects hehe!

Yeah I recorded a real acoustic, and the shaker is recorded as well, one is an egg and the other is an old huge bean thingy that is all dried up so that the beans inside create the shake sound.

The Helix is the rack version, I figured I wouldnt be using it live anytime soon so the rack saves me some space.

Cheers for listening :D

RTFX

09 Oct 2017

Stone cold great stuff!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Ixus

09 Oct 2017

RTFX wrote:
09 Oct 2017
Stone cold great stuff!
Thank you dude :mrgreen:

VOIDMONIKER

14 Oct 2017

Killin it man.. Nice work!

Wickline

14 Oct 2017

Dude this is awesome. Great guitar tone (big line 6 fan) and yeah those vocals sound so much like Amon Amarth.
At the drums real or programmed?
Hope to hear more from you guys. I love melodic death metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

Ixus

18 Oct 2017

VOIDMONIKER wrote:
14 Oct 2017
Killin it man.. Nice work!
Thanks for listening yo :D
Wickline wrote:
14 Oct 2017
Dude this is awesome. Great guitar tone (big line 6 fan) and yeah those vocals sound so much like Amon Amarth.
At the drums real or programmed?
Hope to hear more from you guys. I love melodic death metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I've been a bit unsure of my metal tones from the Helix but I think im getting there bit by bit :)
The drums are programmed, I used Alt Drums refill, 2 i think, the one with the Ayotte kit. I layer a kick from the old Reason Drumkits refill to make the kick a little snappier.

I have one almost finished song part of this project, it needs lyrics tho so theres a bit left but I hope to finish it when I can kidnap my friend and put him on the mic :P

Cheers!

• Information