(Edit-Problem solved) What to call this track? Suggestions?

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2017

I just finished this track only using Legend for all synth sounds.

I can't come up with a name. Any suggestions or associations are welcome to help me get my head going.

Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 21 Sep 2017, edited 2 times in total.

CaliforniaBurrito

19 Sep 2017

I think No Name Yet is a great title as in a character is out to make a name for himself. You really have a good grip on that Legend synth!

aeox
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2017

Leave the name "No name yet"

When in doubt, look around and name it the first object you see.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
19 Sep 2017
I think No Name Yet is a great title as in a character is out to make a name for himself. You really have a good grip on that Legend synth!
Yeah maybe. The only problem is I often name my unnamed songs "No name yet" whenever I upload them for other people to listen to before I've named them properly, mostly for posts like this :)

Thanks. That's nice to hear coming from a knowledgeable tweaker like you. I do like my Legend as you know already. I just can't seem to shut up about it :) Whenever I try out a new "normal/subtractive" synth I always compare it to Legend and its filter and drive sections. Let's just say the new PH Layers synth failed pretty miserably, at least in my eyes.

I have another Legend song I started a long time ago that I'll hopefully finish soon. Even though it's a simple synth you can squeeze a lot out of it.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 20 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2017

aeox wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Leave the name "No name yet"

When in doubt, look around and name it the first object you see.
Yeah that has happened before, but that's usually just the working title thankfully :)

CaliforniaBurrito

19 Sep 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Thanks. That's nice to hear coming from a knowledgeable tweaker like you.
Thanks, but as I recently told somebody in a message, I'm not very knowledgeable in the technical sense. :shh: I just tweak some knobs and envelopes which anybody can do and I know what sounds good to me. :D Kind of like the satisfaction you get with the filters and drive in Legend but maybe there are enough people who don't grasp such fundamental and functional aspects. I was very close to buying Legend but I got u-he Diva instead which I also talk about all the time.
TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Let's just say the new PH Layers synth failed pretty miserably, at least in my eyes.
I agree although I feel inspired to revisit the ReFill simply after being reminded of it. :lol: PinkNoise is actually really good content though so it is a shame that it was rolled out like this. I have a Minimoog Voyager ReFill from them that I call up from time to time for a specific bass sound that just works really well with my mixes for some reason.

Faxxer

20 Sep 2017

I don't claim to be an expert on this...but the entire song hits me in the headphones like a wall of sound.... Is there any chance it's over mastered? Everything is balls to the wall loud with very little dynamics in my humble opinion....though at a club this may be perfect .....but this song is blasting alot louder than ANY other song in my phones, leading me to think it's being pushed past the "enjoyable on the ears" level.....if that makes sense.....feel free to reject this i'm just going down the list listening to as much music as I can tonight and this one blasted me....and I LOVE aggressive music.

Ike
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2017

Faxxer wrote:
20 Sep 2017
I don't claim to be an expert on this...but the entire song hits me in the headphones like a wall of sound.... Is there any chance it's over mastered? Everything is balls to the wall loud with very little dynamics in my humble opinion....though at a club this may be perfect .....but this song is blasting alot louder than ANY other song in my phones, leading me to think it's being pushed past the "enjoyable on the ears" level.....if that makes sense.....feel free to reject this i'm just going down the list listening to as much music as I can tonight and this one blasted me....and I LOVE aggressive music.

Ike
No that's alright. It's not the most dynamic or clean song out there, that's for sure. But the limiter isn't pushed very hard, neither is the master bus compression. In fact the settings are set pretty light for both and the master volume is quiter compared to most songs. Most of the drum sounds are pretty distorted though an the mix is pretty crammed with a lot of stuff at the same time.
I used to listen to a lot of metal a couple of years ago where dynamics was pretty non existent. So that's not necessarily a priority for me. Bands like Strapping Young Lad or Cannibal Corpse are not exactly known for clean dynamic mixes. I'm sure it's had an impact on my tolerance level for the "wall of sound" style.

Wickline

20 Sep 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
Faxxer wrote:
20 Sep 2017

Ike
No that's alright. It's not the most dynamic or clean song out there, that's for sure. But the limiter isn't pushed very hard, neither is the master bus compression. In fact the settings are set pretty light for both and the master volume is quiter compared to most songs. Most of the drum sounds are pretty distorted though an the mix is pretty crammed with a lot of stuff at the same time.
I used to listen to a lot of metal a couple of years ago where dynamics was pretty non existent. So that's not necessarily a priority for me. Bands like Strapping Young Lad or Cannibal Corpse are not exactly known for clean dynamic mixes. I'm sure it's had an impact on my tolerance level for the "wall of sound" style.
Yeah it seems about par for the course with that style.

Great track dude. Nice intense energy all the way through and some very solid synth work in there.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2017

Just named it.

"Voltage Overload"

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2017

Wickline wrote:
20 Sep 2017
Great track dude. Nice intense energy all the way through and some very solid synth work in there.
Thanks. I'll finish one more Legend track and then I've actually finished 4 tracks using only Legend for all synth sounds. So now I feel like I can let it rest for a while and try some new things :)
I'll probably dive into the new Reason 10 instruments and see what they are about.

per-anders

25 Sep 2017

Very old skool, which is a good thing. Love the acid, chip and j-pop influences and the energy of the piece. Great job!

Wickline

26 Sep 2017

[quote="I'll probably dive into the new Reason 10 instruments and see what they are about.[/quote]

Yeah I'm counting down to that. Very excited about The new synths.

arbux

26 Sep 2017

Great track. This one needs to be added to a playlist named "songs to listen to when angry and driving".

Some feedback I received the other day - hook your listener in the first 30 seconds of the track. This one definitely does this.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2017

per-anders wrote:
25 Sep 2017
Very old skool, which is a good thing. Love the acid, chip and j-pop influences and the energy of the piece. Great job!
Interesting hearing someone elses thoughts on it. I don't think about any of that stuff when I'm making music. The only thing that crossed my mind was that it had the obvious Prodigy influences from my teen years. Lots of my music do.
I've played around with chiptunes quite a bit, but I hardly know anything about acid or j-pop so if it sounds like those it's purely accidental.

Glad you like the tune.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2017

arbux wrote:
26 Sep 2017
Great track. This one needs to be added to a playlist named "songs to listen to when angry and driving".

Some feedback I received the other day - hook your listener in the first 30 seconds of the track. This one definitely does this.
Thanks. Just don't blame me if you're involved in car crash while listening to my music :D

Yeah my muic tends to get to the point very quickly which is why most of my songs are pretty short. I just don't have it in me to drag things out, even though I can appreciate when some music takes its time.

RTFX

27 Sep 2017

Thats some rough stuff you made there, TTA.
But I like it!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2017

RTFX wrote:
27 Sep 2017
Thats some rough stuff you made there, TTA.
But I like it!
Cool, thanks :)

sdst
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2017

to me this is videogame music, I'm not saying it's bad

I think this fits well into one of sonic

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2017

sdst wrote:
28 Sep 2017
to me this is videogame music, I'm not saying it's bad

I think this fits well into one of sonic
That's alright. It seems like most of my music gets some sort of video gamey vibe even when I'm not trying. Just the way I compose I guess.

CaliforniaBurrito

29 Sep 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Sep 2017
That's alright. It seems like most of my music gets some sort of video gamey vibe even when I'm not trying. Just the way I compose I guess.
You should dig deeper into this and you'll make more money than people who self-identify as artists! :D

You're already there...maybe hire a mentor to guide you to the next level. That's what I plan on doing after I wrap up this year of productivity.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
29 Sep 2017
TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Sep 2017
You should dig deeper into this and you'll make more money than people who self-identify as artists! :D

You're already there...maybe hire a mentor to guide you to the next level. That's what I plan on doing after I wrap up this year of productivity.
I am actually gonna write for two small games. One will be for free and the other one will be my first paid gig :) Yay!

Wickline

01 Oct 2017

Nice! Glad to see someone embody making some money off their stuff.

• Information