(Slow techno/chill-out - 120bpm) Inner Sign

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Zac

14 Sep 2017

Thanks for listening.

CaliforniaBurrito

14 Sep 2017

There is a nice vibe going on here. Something happening with the percussion to make it sound a bit manic. It sounds like one of the double tambourine hits is nudged out of time a little too much so it is a bit jarring rather than groovy. Maybe it was intentional but I think it is pretty distracting. I would also prefer to lose the snare/clap when you're going into the softer sections of the composition because it draws so much attention. Or maybe have a softer snare reserved for your softer parts. Some transitional cymbals (reverse + downbeat) would go a long way too I think. I wouldn't use full on crash cymbals on the downbeat because that would sound ridiculous but rather something like a ride cymbal. Maybe some reversed white noise sweep too.

Just my two cents.

Zac

14 Sep 2017

All your ideas sound right to me, thanks x

ionly

15 Sep 2017

Fab tune Zac, really like the overall vibe. My input would be to separate the "um-cha" (nice) from the tambourine - perhaps the tamb could ride on the lesser sections, and the um-cha saved for the more forceful/upfront ones. That way there's more subtle variation and less of a clash

ionly

15 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
14 Sep 2017
... lose the snare/clap when you're going into the softer sections of the composition because it draws so much attention. Or maybe have a softer snare reserved for your softer parts...
This also ^^^

• Information