(Alternative Hip-Hop) It's Worth It

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
MycelialCords

08 Sep 2017

Hello, I'm not sure if anybody here is into hip-hop but I'm sharing this instrumental with you. Made with stock Reason 7 plugins, influenced by guys like Flatbush Zombies and Danny Brown. Keep in mind that I made it to feature a rapper, but am curious how you feel about the production and whether there's space for vocal. Cheers!

Mycelial Cords - It's Worth It (Alternative Hip Hop)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7503003

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Sep 2017

Sounds good to me, though I don't know anything about rap music. But it's nice beat.
The only thing that might get in the way of vocals is the snare. Sometimes the snare goes into these fast but loud rhythms that might steal the attention from the vocals. But really one would have to hear the vocals added before knowing if that would be the case.

MycelialCords

08 Sep 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
08 Sep 2017
Sounds good to me, though I don't know anything about rap music. But it's nice beat.
The only thing that might get in the way of vocals is the snare. Sometimes the snare goes into these fast but loud rhythms that might steal the attention from the vocals. But really one would have to hear the vocals added before knowing if that would be the case.
That's acutally a good point. I think they may get in the way or limit number of syllables for a given bar. Cheers!
Mycelial Cords - It's Worth It (Alternative Hip Hop)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7503003

• Information