(Pop/Electronic) The Danger Zone

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
koshal

23 Aug 2017

Newest track I composed and arranged in Reason...

MycelialCords

23 Aug 2017

I like it as a song, I find your voice nice and composition has an atmospheric spacy/epic feel. However, I don't like the production. I feel the mix is too busy and doesn't support the vocal that well, too much space is taken by percussion and pads in crucial frequency regions and they block the voice. Drums could cut through the mix better, it may be due to some issues in lower mid. There's definitely potential in the song, I like the hook a lot.
Mycelial Cords - It's Worth It (Alternative Hip Hop)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7503003

koshal

23 Aug 2017

MycelialCords wrote:
23 Aug 2017
I like it as a song, I find your voice nice and composition has an atmospheric spacy/epic feel. However, I don't like the production. I feel the mix is too busy and doesn't support the vocal that well, too much space is taken by percussion and pads in crucial frequency regions and they block the voice. Drums could cut through the mix better, it may be due to some issues in lower mid. There's definitely potential in the song, I like the hook a lot.
Thanks very helpful feedback. I agree that the mix had a lot of problems wasn't happy with it. Went in and made some tweaks so hopefully things you called out fit better (same url).

Mixing is a constant struggle for me. I much prefer the writing and composition part. I wish the song could mix itself lol.

• Information