(nu-disco, bootleg) Ring my bell feat. Anita Ward

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Jivethompson

22 Aug 2017

Well, i listened to some popular clubhouse and i thought : "that takes no talent, i can do that!".
So i mixed this song, turns out to be more of a disco-house genre than clubhouse and is nowhere near as 'cool' as the latter.

However, had fun making this song. Was too lazy to spice it up a little composition and effects wise. Tried to get as loud as possible, because it kinda comes with the territory :lol:

Anyway, here it is.

pacorobles

23 Aug 2017

EDM is shifting toward deeper, more soulful house, so you're in the right track. I would work the mix a bit more so the vocal stands out.
Best,
Paco
:reason: 9.5

Jivethompson

24 Aug 2017

pacorobles wrote:
23 Aug 2017
EDM is shifting toward deeper, more soulful house, so you're in the right track. I would work the mix a bit more so the vocal stands out.
Thnx for the reply dude. Yeah i know about the vocals; unfortunately they're already processed to begin with wich makes it hard to mix them properly before they get too harsh or overwhelming the mix. Already did some parallel compression to make it cut through more. I will try some other things.

But i'm gonna re-work the mix anyway now that i have given some time to rest. This time in 96k and more toned down reverbs. I also want to make the higher freq. of the beat a bit wider. All in all, I need to reference my tracks more to be honest. This mix sounds a bit.....shitty actually :lol:

thnx for the listen though!

• Information