(breakcore with a post-rock vibe) Hyper Terrestrial

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
logicalpocket

13 Aug 2017

This is an old piece that I like to rework every few years.

it's always a good feeling to give this one a workout :)

Hope you like it
Blep

jappe

16 Nov 2017

logicalpocket wrote:
13 Aug 2017

https://soundcloud.com/logical_pocket/h ... restrial-1

Hope you like it
Wow, that was quite an energy kick!
This is how we should communicate with extraterrestrials, much better than any 5 tone sequence :D

Loved it!

JNeffLind

16 Nov 2017

Really digging the sound design. Definitely has an otherworldly sound to it. I agree with Jappe about the energy kick. You do a good job of using double time in your treble over a slower bass part, meaning it works well. One thing I really love about this is that despite the fact that it's not exactly my genre, you had enough variation, building and waning of energy, different sounds etc. to keep me interested. Lots of electronic stuff I hear bores me, and I realized it's because a lot isn't that good lol. This I like though.

RTFX

17 Nov 2017

I care because you do😉
Good job bro. Comes close!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

logicalpocket

22 Nov 2017

jappe wrote:
16 Nov 2017
logicalpocket wrote:
13 Aug 2017

https://soundcloud.com/logical_pocket/h ... restrial-1

Hope you like it
Wow, that was quite an energy kick!
This is how we should communicate with extraterrestrials, much better than any 5 tone sequence :D

Loved it!
Thanks for the feedback :) Funnily enough I've always wanted to use the close encounters tone sequence for something. Might work better in a hip hop style track though.
JNeffLind wrote:
16 Nov 2017
Really digging the sound design. Definitely has an otherworldly sound to it. I agree with Jappe about the energy kick. You do a good job of using double time in your treble over a slower bass part, meaning it works well. One thing I really love about this is that despite the fact that it's not exactly my genre, you had enough variation, building and waning of energy, different sounds etc. to keep me interested. Lots of electronic stuff I hear bores me, and I realized it's because a lot isn't that good lol. This I like though.
Ha ha, glad I'm reaching out to other genre fans. Breakcore is often pretty obtuse (to be honest I don't like a lot of it) but it always works nicely when it's mixed with classical or post-rock music. This is probably my favourite example

RTFX wrote:
17 Nov 2017
I care because you do😉
Good job bro. Comes close!
It'd be brilliant to match RDJ one day. Given another couple of centuries of work I may just get there :P
Blep

martindonn

22 Nov 2017

Love the contrast between the hopefulness of the breakdowns and the intensity of the full sections . RDJ would be proud

• Information