(FutureHouse/Dance) - Only Now

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
aburazaru

13 Aug 2017

I'm trying to wrap my head around new genres outside of DnB, haha. This was an experiment I started two days ago and ended up with this. My buddy is a resident DJ at a dance club here and said it could be considered Future House, but leaning into Dance. May I present... FUTURE DANCE! Feedback welcomed, thanks for the listen and I hope you enjoy hearing it as much as I did making it!

How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

aburazaru

20 Aug 2017

Swapped the file for one with a little more of an... intro, I guess based on some advice from a friend.
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

Hoyos

20 Aug 2017

Hey, I like it! It could sound so much better with some actual mixing.

some things i can tell you just by listening to it.

Kick is way too weak. If you dont have a good foundation (drums) your mix will sound very thin.

Hats are wayy to loud which makes your vocals seem like a background lead.

try to utilize your space better, use compression on your vocals to tighten them up, fix your volumes and panning. use chorus/ hass effect to manipulate your synths in space.

Overall, it is a solid idea but the mix kills it. feel free to comment on mine too if necessary!

much love.

aburazaru

21 Aug 2017

Solid feedback, thank you! Hadn't really done much outside of building the track together, but I can definitely go in for a mix down and see where it ends up!

• Information