(Dark Electro) It's Time

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Wickline

12 Aug 2017

Just released another track. Dark electro with some dubstep elelments.
This track was mostly created before 9.5 so there's no VST instruments, just a few effects units added after the fact. Mostly Thors, Redrum->Kong, and 1 NN-XT i think.

All in Reason, mastered in Ozone 7 Advanced

:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

per-anders

13 Aug 2017

Very very cool, could be a soundtrack to a modern cyberpunk movie. Weird thing the post formatting made the video vanish after 2 seconds. :thumbs up:

Micha1973

13 Aug 2017

Great. The voice is you?
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 Aug 2017

Cool. Nice unique sound.

Wickline

15 Aug 2017

Woah I got no notifications on this.

Thanks guys - glad you like it!

Wickline

15 Aug 2017

Micha1973 wrote:Great. The voice is you?
Yeah that's me singing.

Wickline

15 Aug 2017

per-anders wrote:Very very cool, could be a soundtrack to a modern cyberpunk movie. Weird thing the post formatting made the video vanish after 2 seconds. :thumbs up:
The matrix movies have been among my favorites since forever. Got into Juno Reactor heavy for a long time. Still one of my favorite electronic groups.

hu-ryu

15 Aug 2017

Enjoyed it. Loved the vocals around the 2 minute, especially its layering. I think it'd be cool if there were synth pop or future pop kinda vocals in the other sections? But that's probably just me because it's something I've always wanted to do in a track.

Wickline

15 Aug 2017

hu-ryu wrote:Enjoyed it. Loved the vocals around the 2 minute, especially its layering. I think it'd be cool if there were synth pop or future pop kinda vocals in the other sections? But that's probably just me because it's something I've always wanted to do in a track.
Thanks!!!
I've been wanting to try that. I'm a bit new to the whole lead singer thing so I'm still working out what I can do and how exactly. Been backup or strictly scream vocals if any in all the bands I've been in. Started collaborating with people making different styles than me like Per Anders. Gives me a chance to experiment outside of my usual stuff.

arbux

15 Aug 2017

Added this one to the list of styles of tracks I didn't know existed but want to hear more of :)

Nerveclinic

15 Aug 2017

Well done. Good production. Tight sounds. I defiantly would not call this electro though, but then I'm a purist about that genre. I'm honestly not sure exactly what category I would place it in. There are a lot of things going on style wise. The dub step sound toward the end. The vocals are kind of gothic metal almost. I always think it's a good thing when a track can't be pigeon holed.

Wickline

15 Aug 2017

arbux wrote:Added this one to the list of styles of tracks I didn't know existed but want to hear more of :)
I'll do my best to keep you supplied lol

Wickline

15 Aug 2017

Nerveclinic wrote:Well done. Good production. Tight sounds. I defiantly would not call this electro though, but then I'm a purist about that genre. I'm honestly not sure exactly what category I would place it in. There are a lot of things going on style wise. The dub step sound toward the end. The vocals are kind of gothic metal almost. I always think it's a good thing when a track can't be pigeon holed.
Thanks for that! A ton of work went into this.

I'm open to suggestions on genre. That was the closest I could think of with help from a friend. I know it's not electro in a purist sense. He also recommended kind of industrial too but to me industrial is a lot messier, distortion-wise. I definitely think it has a gothic overtone. There's also trance elements in all my tracks, some more obvious than others.

I kind of just pull from what I like. I start with a genre idea and it just goes from there. Of the next 2 tracks one is a trap base and the other started out as witchhouse. They'd all fit on an album with my other stuff so there's definitely a common sound to them.

Nick Pa

15 Aug 2017

Rob Zombie finally working with a younger producer ?!!? Hahahahaha...
All kidding aside, I enjoyed this one. Great feel, and the production skills !!

Nerveclinic

15 Aug 2017

"I kind of just pull from what I like."

Personally I think that is a good policy, to pull from different areas of music you like rather then trying to fit a "style" or genre. It gives you a more unique sound and that is what gets you noticed. Yeah on the "electro" thing, it's not you, the term has really been hijacked the last 10-15 years. The original electro has a very distinct sound and a lot of the later stuff has virtually nothing in common with it. Sort of in the same way "Techno" was hijacked. No criticism intended. Maybe there is something now they are calling "Dark Electro" that I don't know about.

Wickline

15 Aug 2017

Nick Pa wrote:Rob Zombie finally working with a younger producer ?!!? Hahahahaha...
All kidding aside, I enjoyed this one. Great feel, and the production skills !!
That would be awesome!! Lol

Thanks!

Wickline

15 Aug 2017

Nerveclinic wrote:"I kind of just pull from what I like."

Personally I think that is a good policy, to pull from different areas of music you like rather then trying to fit a "style" or genre. It gives you a more unique sound and that is what gets you noticed. Yeah on the "electro" thing, it's not you, the term has really been hijacked the last 10-15 years. The original electro has a very distinct sound and a lot of the later stuff has virtually nothing in common with it. Sort of in the same way "Techno" was hijacked. No criticism intended. Maybe there is something now they are calling "Dark Electro" that I don't know about.
Yeah I hear you on the techno thing. I have no idea if dark electro is a thing. I just figured dark would convey the feel.

Just looked it up. Apparently there was a style called dark electro a couple decades ago. Definitely not similar to this.

Sooo any suggestions?
Last edited by Wickline on 15 Aug 2017, edited 1 time in total.

aeox
Competition Winner

16 Aug 2017

:thumbs_up:

Super unique man!

Wickline

17 Aug 2017

aeox wrote::thumbs_up:

Super unique man!
Thanks bro!