(Progressive house) Storm in a Chasm

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
hu-ryu

12 Aug 2017

Didn't have inspiration to produce for a bloody long time! Then it hit me today. I was about to give up too. I was thinking of quitting production for a while but glad I didn't.

Hope you enjoy this track. :geek:

Audiotic

12 Aug 2017

nice tune.
The arrangement is keeping my interest and the sounds are decent.
Could use a little high end imho and the kickdrum doesnt quite sound as punchy as it could be...

good job!

Wickline

15 Aug 2017

This is great man. Good melodies, atmosphere and emotion.
Audiotic's right it needs more high end. The pluck is kind of low, which sounds really good, so maybe move some stuff to make more room for it. Also the riser at the 1 minute mark sounds cool but it doesn't really feel like it builds very far. I mean its moving up but doesn't really get bigger. maybe add some other risers to layer with it at intervals after it starts and some filter automation. And like he also said, the kicks need to be punchier. I need to feel it. kong's transient shaper, audiomatic - bottom, some eq and saturation would make it hammer. The bass would also stand out more with a little saturation once the kick is boosted.
That being said, I love the pluck and the piano (very Kaskade). Just need to clean up the mix a bit to let them really shine. I would listen to this driving home from work for real. Great balance of chill and emotion.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

hu-ryu

16 Aug 2017

Cheers guys. I've tried to incorporate this feedback into the track...but the track has morphed into piano trance! Sounds like a new song now.

• Information