(neo soul) "New Day Dawning (EP)" by g-bass project

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
jzquantum

05 Aug 2017

Would love some feedback! One hundred percent made in Reason and mastered in Ozone 7 Adv standalone.

Will return the favor to the community.

jzquantum

08 Aug 2017

Tap, tap, tap. Is this thing on? 🤔

CaliforniaBurrito

09 Aug 2017

You have too much soul and skill for this place. That was a great listen with some interesting things going on in the compositions. New Day Dawning made me think of a possible Sade kind of production. Vida Estilo Diamante has an old school dance vibe that I like. Bossa Flavor has a darker vibe suited for a techno guy like me who wears black t-shirts every day. I like the odd rhythm of the chords in Notional Love.

jzquantum

09 Aug 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
09 Aug 2017
You have too much soul and skill for this place. That was a great listen with some interesting things going on in the compositions. New Day Dawning made me think of a possible Sade kind of production. Vida Estilo Diamante has an old school dance vibe that I like. Bossa Flavor has a darker vibe suited for a techno guy like me who wears black t-shirts every day. I like the odd rhythm of the chords in Notional Love.

Thanks CB, such kind words. I love Sade's music and I would say her music, as well as many jazz and 1970's soul and funk artists, have an influence on me. Paul S Denman's bass playing style (from Sades band) is an influence on pretty much every note I play (I'm a bass player by experience and top interest).

jappe

16 Nov 2017

jzquantum wrote:
05 Aug 2017
Would love some feedback! One hundred percent made in Reason and mastered in Ozone 7 Adv standalone.

Will return the favor to the community.

https://soundcloud.com/gbassproject/set ... dawning-ep
Hello jzquantum!

Here are some impressions after listening to your songs
Summer Wonders: I get a pleasant feeling listening to this, love the mood, love the melodic adventures of the piano.
New Day dawning: Great mood here too. Wonderful when the guitar arpeggio comes in at 3:30
Vida Estilo Diamante: Wow...sucks you in right from the start. Hypnotic bass!
Notional Love: starts out a bit like Vida Estilo Diamante, slower paced. The bass coming out from my Krk sub is really great in these songs.
I'm sorry: Lovely mood here too. Sade was mentioned...I can imagine dreamy female vocals to this one could really be the icing of the cake!

Overall really great sound and :thumbs_up: !

jzquantum

16 Nov 2017

jappe wrote:
16 Nov 2017

Hello jzquantum!

Here are some impressions after listening to your songs
Summer Wonders: I get a pleasant feeling listening to this, love the mood, love the melodic adventures of the piano.
New Day dawning: Great mood here too. Wonderful when the guitar arpeggio comes in at 3:30
Vida Estilo Diamante: Wow...sucks you in right from the start. Hypnotic bass!
Notional Love: starts out a bit like Vida Estilo Diamante, slower paced. The bass coming out from my Krk sub is really great in these songs.
I'm sorry: Lovely mood here too. Sade was mentioned...I can imagine dreamy female vocals to this one could really be the icing of the cake!

Overall really great sound and :thumbs_up: !
jappe, thanks for the detailed review! I appreciate your kind words!

I feel the same about 'I'm Sorry'. I think most of my songs would really benefit from a singer with a soulful voice. Alas, my singing would only make my songs worse. 😁

• Information