(Percussion/Video looping)The Pitfalls of Immediate Gratification

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
modecca

26 Jul 2017

🤤
🔗💥

Ostermilk

27 Jul 2017

Just a little detail. I think a narrow cut of about -3db at around 800k would have brought out the sweet spot of the book. Other than that this is a well crafted piece.

Although as far as I can tell the only pitfall of instant gratification is not being able to sustain it for long enough, up until the point that the delayed gratification should kick in.

I can see myself singing this on the bus into town.

Good job.

aeox
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2017

Pure genius if you ask me!

I like how you combined humor, and live percussion while making it entertaining the entire way through.

@ 1:40 :lol: :lol:

Love this kind of stuff you do, it always cheers me up.

Thousand Ways

29 Jul 2017

This has its own internal logic, and needs no comment, really.

Nevertheless: the title is excellent. The track is excellent. What is being disgorged into the cup at 0:14? And is this in tribute to the bloke spitting something into his "rabbit hole" cup at the end? (I feel as though that guy is about to embark on a tale of how he was born again through Jesus Christ Our Lord, or through something else, but he is then cruelly silenced.)

One of the skins has the words "First act discovery" stretched across it. Mission statement? Brief instruction on how to use the instrument?

modecca

30 Jul 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
27 Jul 2017
Just a little detail. I think a narrow cut of about -3db at around 800k would have brought out the sweet spot of the book. Other than that this is a well crafted piece.
Although as far as I can tell the only pitfall of instant gratification is not being able to sustain it for long enough, up until the point that the delayed gratification should kick in.
I can see myself singing this on the bus into town.
Good job.

Thanks for the kind words, me brother.
I am pretty heavy handed when it comes to master eq:

my my.png
my my.png (306.03 KiB) Viewed 948 times

I like to translate PL's immediate gratification talk, as him saying that it is more fulfilling to complete large projects(ex full albums) than small projects.
This video was kind of embracing the opposite as I am personally much more driven by small experiments myself.

aeox wrote:
28 Jul 2017
Pure genius if you ask me!
I like how you combined humor, and live percussion while making it entertaining the entire way through.
@ 1:40 :lol: :lol:
Love this kind of stuff you do, it always cheers me up.
Thanks buddy.
I love the idea of representing the process that was used to create the end result.
I have a full room of real instruments that were donated to me and they call out to me from time to time and tell me to take a break from virtual instruments.
If you ever have a family member come over who has no interest in making music hand him a beer and video camera and the song will write itself.

Thousand Ways wrote:
29 Jul 2017
This has its own internal logic, and needs no comment, really.
Nevertheless: the title is excellent. The track is excellent. What is being disgorged into the cup at 0:14? And is this in tribute to the bloke spitting something into his "rabbit hole" cup at the end? (I feel as though that guy is about to embark on a tale of how he was born again through Jesus Christ Our Lord, or through something else, but he is then cruelly silenced.)
One of the skins has the words "First act discovery" stretched across it. Mission statement? Brief instruction on how to use the instrument?
Dear thousandwaystodie,
Glad to see you could see some value in this(im slowly making my way over to that madness you created in church).
That's blood and chewing tobacco I am spitting @:14(they call it first time 'vadging' it up).
There is some degree of tribute happening here.
I think we have both influenced each other creatively this year
and I like to distract him from serious en devours and have him doing silly crap like I do:

🔗💥

CaliforniaBurrito

31 Jul 2017

modecca wrote:
30 Jul 2017
I like to distract him from serious en devours and have him doing silly crap like I do.

Thousand Ways

31 Jul 2017

Can you see what it is yet?

jappe

18 Aug 2017

Crazy & inpiring :thumbs_up:

• Information