(electronic) Contemporary tanz, with Novation BassStation + grand piano

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Thousand Ways

23 Jul 2017

Dear tanzers,

Sling on your triple-A tanzanite and tanz to der musik auf A5 Totentanz – here ist ein piano-werk instrumental of great foreboding:

Basic session recorded live in a church in Sheffield. Grand piano, Novation BassStation, Teenage Engineering calculator synth. Recorded, EQed, edited, overdubbed, mixed in :reason: :reason: :reason:.

Comments, bitte. Vielen dank.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

25 Jul 2017

Quite a hypnotic track, like the way it hangs together...

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mbfrancis

29 Jul 2017

Very creative - I love the piano part. Not sure about the drums, they felt as if they were flown in from another song - everything else held together really coherently. But that's subjective. Cool track.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Thousand Ways

30 Jul 2017

Thanks for the responses.
mbfrancis wrote:
29 Jul 2017
Very creative - I love the piano part. Not sure about the drums, they felt as if they were flown in from another song
That's pretty much how it was assembled. The basic track, done in one take, without rehearsal, is the grand piano and BassStation playing along with the Pocket Operator bassline. I edited the resulting track in a few places, then added all of the overdubs, EQing, etc. The drums aren't from another song as such, but they are added 'dry' in Reason, whereas the basic track has the emptyish acoustics of the church where we recorded it.

• Information