(Electronic) Expanse

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
aeox
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2017

I got the chance to work with some live instrumentation by Jesse Fuller (cello, guitar) He's only a junior in high school! It was definitely interesting to say the least and I like the way it turned out.

https://soundcloud.com/jessefullermusic

Named after the Rack Extension, as it was the main synth used in the track.

Puckboy2000

16 Jul 2017

Loved it! Great track and the production value is A+++++
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

Hoyos

16 Jul 2017

Got that Signature on that cutoff for sure. Nice build up and break, you are getting a signature drop

Wickline

16 Jul 2017

Dude that is awesome
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

modecca

20 Jul 2017

aeox wrote: ↑
16 Jul 2017
I got the chance to work with some live instrumentation by Jesse Fuller (cello, guitar) He's only a junior in high school! It was definitely interesting to say the least and I like the way it turned out.
A proper intro & outro what a concept.
In addition to the more energetic moments,I enjoy the relaxed moments as they have a real melancholic beauty to them.
I LOVE that looping bendy cat thing : 054 in the back ground (is that the cello 🎻 that dude was talkn about?).
I like the drums and the tom fills.
Never got a chance to ask anyone (in a Walter Jr. tone of voice) Do you Tune your Toms?
Some welcome drum variation at the end with some woman taking in gasps of air (imagine if she had to play her instrument at 300 bpm!)

All kinds of little tricks up your sleeve:
drum chimes(what is that sound called?), today's 'pitch up' moments, emotive piano and SPLENDID 80s guitar.

I really like 2:22-2:25/2:36-2:39. I wonder if I would like these moments even more without the white noise.

You are very good at keeping things interesting by using a lot of variation and you have done an excellent job integrating this guys work with yours.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

aburazaru

22 Jul 2017

Stellar track, as usual! Punchy drums, great synths and the touches with the cello/guitar (maybe a little vox burried in there too?) were perfectly built into the track!
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2017

Puckboy2000 wrote: ↑
16 Jul 2017
Loved it! Great track and the production value is A+++++
:thumbs_up: Glad you enjoyed!
Hoyos wrote: ↑
16 Jul 2017
Got that Signature on that cutoff for sure. Nice build up and break, you are getting a signature drop
Working on it.. :puf_bigsmile:
Wickline wrote: ↑
16 Jul 2017
Dude that is awesome
Thanks, Wickline!
aburazaru wrote: ↑
22 Jul 2017
Stellar track, as usual! Punchy drums, great synths and the touches with the cello/guitar (maybe a little vox burried in there too?) were perfectly built into the track!
Yea that's a little vocal snippet! Nice catch, hah.

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2017

modecca wrote: ↑
20 Jul 2017
A proper intro & outro what a concept.
:lol: Yea, a bit of a switch up from what I usually do!
20 Jul 2017
I LOVE that looping bendy cat thing : 054 in the back ground (is that the cello 🎻 that dude was talkn about?).
I believe the thing you're talking about is a female vocal snippet, although it does sound like a cat, doesn't it? :puf_bigsmile:
20 Jul 2017

Never got a chance to ask anyone (in a Walter Jr. tone of voice) Do you Tune your Toms?
I just grab them from a sample pack where they are already labeled by key, I'm not that fancy :D
20 Jul 2017
Some welcome drum variation at the end with some woman taking in gasps of air (imagine if she had to play her instrument at 300 bpm!)
For some reason I really like the women gasping in air sample.. I probably need to not use it too frequently or in too many songs :P
20 Jul 2017
All kinds of little tricks up your sleeve:
drum chimes(what is that sound called?), today's 'pitch up' moments, emotive piano and SPLENDID 80s guitar.
I think they are just wind chimes of some sort.
20 Jul 2017
I really like 2:22-2:25/2:36-2:39. I wonder if I would like these moments even more without the white noise.

You are very good at keeping things interesting by using a lot of variation and you have done an excellent job integrating this guys work with yours.
Sometimes I get "lost" in adding variation to my songs to the point where it could be too much at times, but I try! I really enjoyed working with the live instruments, it was quite a challenge for me actually.

I appreciate the time and thought you put into your comment, thanks Modecca!

mbfrancis

29 Jul 2017

This track is fantastic, great production, phenomenal guitar playing. It's like cool jazz complextro, so cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

• Information