(Future Bass) 9th Song

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Hoyos

12 Jul 2017

Hello Guys here sharing my new song I hope you enjoy it
I put quite some work on it!

pacorobles

14 Jul 2017

Oh wow, that tempo change at the beginning is a nice touch. I think the synths have a little too much edge that could have belonged to the drums. Nice work though.
Best,
Paco
:reason: 9.5

Hoyos

16 Jul 2017

pacorobles wrote:
14 Jul 2017
Oh wow, that tempo change at the beginning is a nice touch. I think the synths have a little too much edge that could have belonged to the drums. Nice work though.
Much appreciated, I am sure a professional mastering could definitely help this home made track

mbfrancis

17 Jul 2017

Hey this is great. Love the throbbing chords and the tweaked distorted vocal sample. Nice intensity in parts, too. Good stuff.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Hoyos

17 Jul 2017

mbfrancis wrote:
17 Jul 2017
Hey this is great. Love the throbbing chords and the tweaked distorted vocal sample. Nice intensity in parts, too. Good stuff.
Thank you very much! also I heard some of your tracks very professional compositions!

Wickline

18 Jul 2017

That's tight dude. Really dig the vibe on there.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

aburazaru

22 Jul 2017

This is great, dude! It sounds simple on the surface, but listening in, you catch more and more subtle details rolling around in it. Outside of a little more mixie-mastery magic, I wouldn't touch a thing on there!
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

Galaxy

22 Jul 2017

How you make dem chord sounds? Saw waves, multi OSC on Thor, statevariable filter high pass modulations, chorusing? They sound really smooth, I like! There need to be more Future Bass tuts on the youtubes :P

Hoyos

22 Jul 2017

Galaxy wrote:
22 Jul 2017
How you make dem chord sounds? Saw waves, multi OSC on Thor, statevariable filter high pass modulations, chorusing? They sound really smooth, I like! There need to be more Future Bass tuts on the youtubes :P
Sooo I am trying to learn sound design and basically to answer how objective this matter is and all what I have put out there (the results of my experiments) is that basically a bad sound MAY sound good on certain chords more than others (crazy right?) so if you have a basic C chord (C E G) in that order and it sounds shit try instead ( E G C + Coct) and magic may happen. your new made sound is just as good as how you play it right?

Lastly for these chords, it's all made in expanse and let me tell ya Low passes/ high passes and shit like that is overrated there are plenty of more interesting filters that are derivates of these basic filters. So basically a low pass with bit of different shapes (curves and slopes) it's all about clicking stuff but expanse is my baby and I wouldnt change it for anything.

For these smooth ass chords I used Diode filters (analog based filters) Expanse has a bunch of em.

hope you dont mind the very casual response.

Hoyos

22 Jul 2017

aburazaru wrote:
22 Jul 2017
This is great, dude! It sounds simple on the surface, but listening in, you catch more and more subtle details rolling around in it. Outside of a little more mixie-mastery magic, I wouldn't touch a thing on there!
It definitely has a lot going on! haha thank you, Yeah mixing and mastering aren't suitable in my environment conditions, but I try my best!

• Information