(ChillStep/Downtempo?) - Snow

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
aburazaru

25 Jun 2017

Trying to tinker with Battery in Reason and ended up with this. Thoughts and guidance welcomed!

On a side note, any of you using Battery 4 in Reason? I'm trying to use the "automate" button in the wrapper, which works on stuff like Serum and Kontakt, but seems to eat crap with Battery. Anybody else notice this? Either way, only a little of that was missed in this track and it was still fun to make, which is all that counts for me! Thanks for the listen!
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

aeox
Competition Winner

25 Jun 2017

is that a real guitar i'm hearing in the intro? (i'd be amazed if it wasn't)

this vocal seems SO familiar, what is that from? it's quite nice. (reminds me one of the themes for a game called Ballistic: Overkill)

also, i like the detuned unison sawtooth + filter action, there is a soft spot in my heart for those sounds.

on a side note, i've never used Battery. i pretty much stick with Kong as it serves my needs.

aburazaru

26 Jun 2017

Thanks! That's NI Massive making the pretty guitar noises, and the vocals are from the Exhale library by Output Sounds (I'm in love with their stuff). Thanks for the listen and feedback!
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

aeox
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2017

aburazaru wrote:
26 Jun 2017
Thanks! That's NI Massive making the pretty guitar noises, and the vocals are from the Exhale library by Output Sounds (I'm in love with their stuff). Thanks for the listen and feedback!
Massive making those guitar sounds? >.>

strangers
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2017

Really nice work here. You did a great job of introducing new elements all while keeping things simple for the bigger picture. I really enjoyed listening to this.

aburazaru

26 Jun 2017

@aeox, yep! Massive! It's a pretty capable synth and it came free with Maschine!

@strangers, thanks for the feedback, glad to hear it was enjoyable!

• Information