(Electronic) Star Stuff

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
aeox
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2017

After a couple of days of taking a break from this track, I came back to it because the main section of it was stuck in my head. With a sober mind I thought I'd give it another whirl.

If anyone knows what genre this might be, I'd love to know!

320 kbps option https://clyp.it/5wnb2jam

aburazaru

24 Jun 2017

It sucks! No, really though, this is mixed REALLY well! Sounds awesome! A. I love that lead synth (pls tell me about it) and 2. the piano breakdown is perfectly suited to the rest of the track and III. The drums are punchy, and not overly complicated which is awesome! I'd prolly call it chill step, but that's just cause I have no idea what I'm talking about most of the time.
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2017

aburazaru wrote:
24 Jun 2017
It sucks! No, really though, this is mixed REALLY well! Sounds awesome! A. I love that lead synth (pls tell me about it) and 2. the piano breakdown is perfectly suited to the rest of the track and III. The drums are punchy, and not overly complicated which is awesome! I'd prolly call it chill step, but that's just cause I have no idea what I'm talking about most of the time.
hey aburazaru! glad you enjoyed it.

this is funny because i always talk about designing sounds from scratch BUT that lead is a preset from Zero Hybrid Synthesizer, which is one of the synths i chose for coming in 2nd place for the Vk-2 challenge but i had never used it before until now.

i knew i wanted a lead, but something a little different than my typical unison saw wave leads that i create. yet i was feeling a bit lazy at the same time! so i went pulled out Zero, went straight to the "Monosynths" folder and voila! "Alternative PWM EX" the first preset in the folder did the trick for me!

anyway, i appreciate the comment!

strangers
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2017

Really nice work, aeox! The song has a really nice flow to it and, like the above poster mentioned, the lead fits perfectly. I wouldn't mind a little reverb on the snare. It's nice and punchy and could really shine by lingering with some 'verb.

aeox
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2017

strangers wrote:
26 Jun 2017
Really nice work, aeox! The song has a really nice flow to it and, like the above poster mentioned, the lead fits perfectly. I wouldn't mind a little reverb on the snare. It's nice and punchy and could really shine by lingering with some 'verb.
the snare is super dry ^.^ i suppose my reasoning behind that decision was that there is so much reverb already in the chord pluck, i didn't want to make things too muddy.(although there is reverb on the snare, it's not a "bright" reverb.)

maybe i could make the reverb tail more stereo and bright so that it stands out much more.

the track was reviewed live on twitch stream by a producer called Xilent, and many of the twitch viewers also pointed out that the reverb was very dry! it's definitely something i'll keep in mind for next time.

EDIT: or the snare was very dry, rather. ;)
Last edited by aeox on 29 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Wickline

29 Jun 2017

aeox wrote: the track was reviewed live on twitch stream by a producer called Xilent,
How did you manage that??? Xilent is a beast.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

aeox
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2017

Wickline wrote:
29 Jun 2017
aeox wrote: the track was reviewed live on twitch stream by a producer called Xilent,
you type !soundcloud to enter a "raffle" in the chat and i was randomly selected to have a track reviewed.. in other words, i got lucky! :lol:

Wickline

29 Jun 2017

aeox wrote:
Wickline wrote:
29 Jun 2017
you type !soundcloud to enter a "raffle" in the chat and i was randomly selected to have a track reviewed.. in other words, i got lucky! :lol:
A bit less cool than "I went to high school with him" but at least you won't get a thousand messages from the rest of us asking for a hookup with our newest mix tape Hahahaha
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

aeox
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2017

Wickline wrote:
29 Jun 2017
aeox wrote:
A bit less cool than "I went to high school with him" but at least you won't get a thousand messages from the rest of us asking for a hookup with our newest mix tape Hahahaha
oh yea.. much less cool!

CYSYS8993

30 Jun 2017

Great use of syncopation with the drums. Also I like how the build-up starting at 1:18 really fooled me into thinking it was going to turn into a trance, then it went back to dubstep again.

I think this would have to be categorized as dubstep because of the main drum groove.

• Information