(TRAP?) 7TH!! SONG on reason need professionals in here

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Hoyos

19 Jun 2017

Hello guys so to be brief, some of you have heard my other 6 tracks. This is the seventh one I make I would love some professional feedback and a good follow so I can follow you back and learn from your amazing tracks on soundcloud. This was done on 9.5! :reason:

Much love :o

Alex.

siln

20 Jun 2017

Nice track, like the vibe chill trap/chill step

aburazaru

20 Jun 2017

I like the feel and flow of the song, but the drums could use a little more work. The beat is good, just need to bring the kicks up more. Maybe some light sidechain compression and a little more volume would make them more punchy.
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

dstudiopro

20 Jun 2017

Hey!Very nice!Your 7th song certainly is lightyears better then my 30th song so i am not sure if my opinion could really count.
I am not a professional composer but here is what i would do to bring it closer to MY taste:
-from 0.20 to 0.27 a new element or some fx so that this range would slightly differ from the 0.13 to 0.20
-0.27-0.55 some variation after 0.41 because the changes from 0.41 are so small compared to 0.27-0.41 it seems the song is a bit linear (repetitive without too much change)
-1.15 i would start the rise a little earlyer and even more epic (whatever that means)
-1.21 to 1.50 i would change the bassline to be melodic=rhytmic instead of long notes so that when the breakdown comes at 1.50 the long notes would bring some depth and break the low end energy
from 2.16 i would put in some more energetic element (not necesariy new , maybe an unfiltered theme that played filtered until this part?) because this would be the most powerfull part of the song and it feels like right now it is not powerfull enough.Also melodic-rhytmic bas here also, no long notes.from 2.43 long bas notes i think would be ok
And like aburazaru said i think i would work the drums overall for variation because they feel a little linear without changes.Also i would change the snare sound , it sounds a little too "jungle"ish for my taste.
Hope it helps! Happy Reasoning and sorry for my not that perfect english!

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2017

Hoyos this is pretty incredible. For only 7songs in you have a very good understanding of structure and dynamic range. Keep it up man! I look forward to hearing what #8 sounds like! For now it's time for me to hear 1-6

Until next time! :D

Hoyos

20 Jun 2017

Thank you everyone! I can't wait to start the 8th. Also thank you for the piece advice!

I just got komplete ultimate let's see what I can get out of it!

Hoyos

20 Jun 2017

dstudiopro wrote:
20 Jun 2017
Hey!Very nice!Your 7th song certainly is lightyears better then my 30th song so i am not sure if my opinion could really count.
I am not a professional composer but here is what i would do to bring it closer to MY taste:
-from 0.20 to 0.27 a new element or some fx so that this range would slightly differ from the 0.13 to 0.20
-0.27-0.55 some variation after 0.41 because the changes from 0.41 are so small compared to 0.27-0.41 it seems the song is a bit linear (repetitive without too much change)
-1.15 i would start the rise a little earlyer and even more epic (whatever that means)
-1.21 to 1.50 i would change the bassline to be melodic=rhytmic instead of long notes so that when the breakdown comes at 1.50 the long notes would bring some depth and break the low end energy
from 2.16 i would put in some more energetic element (not necesariy new , maybe an unfiltered theme that played filtered until this part?) because this would be the most powerfull part of the song and it feels like right now it is not powerfull enough.Also melodic-rhytmic bas here also, no long notes.from 2.43 long bas notes i think would be ok
And like aburazaru said i think i would work the drums overall for variation because they feel a little linear without changes.Also i would change the snare sound , it sounds a little too "jungle"ish for my taste.
Hope it helps! Happy Reasoning and sorry for my not that perfect english!
WOHA. Awesome feedback I love it. I agree with some parts in the end it is all about taste!

But god dam you disected my song really well. I love it. I will take a listen tomorrow while reading your feedback one more time. Very VERY appreciated!

Audiotic

22 Jun 2017

I love the sqaure-ish Synth in the beginning when it's chopped up. Not so much later when it plays as a standard short-sweep pad.
The harmonies are nice, and the vocals fit well. The structure keeps me interested.
The kickdrum could use a bit more punch, to be more present.

Oh, and I don't think this is Trap at all!? (Which is good imho) The melodies are more EDM-ish, while the beat ismore electro almost breakbeat-ish...

• Information