(experimental progressive pop metal)Donatu

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Bloma

06 Jun 2017

All the guitar is 12 string acoustic, including the solo! Inspired by my silly paranoid jealousy a while back, but blossomed into something else as well. I came up with the guitar parts first and recorded it in one long take, and then did several takes and layered it up. Then I started adding things and coming up with vocals. I always do it in one sitting, come up with vocals, lyrics, and record them in the same session. Otherwise I forget what I was on about emotionally and the song goes nowhere. Is there any point trying to classify the music we make into boxes? I find it very hard to classify my own music, but I feel that it sounds together and that it all fits. Usually my main goal is to blend various extremes together and make it work like no one else could.

I'm very happy with this track. the only thing I would improve is the production value of the overall sound itself.

pLv2

06 Jun 2017

Very well produced with an interesting vibe. Nice to hear some music around here with some actual feeling ffs. Classification only matters with marketing imo otherwise yeah all that matters is getting everything working well together. Good work.

Redster

07 Jun 2017

I really like this :) Good job.

PSoames

07 Jun 2017

Good job! Great singing and I love the guitar. Production-wise, I'm far from an expert (very far!) but maybe a little less reverb in places. Not too much off though, I like the way the lyrics stand clear of the music. It gives it a depth.

Overall, for me this music describes mood perfectly. One minute everything is great, life is flying along. There is beauty everywhere and in everyone, but then, that one thing happens, a tiny thing. It triggers a descent into despair and loathing and the shut-down begins. Afterwards, the emergence, clarity of thought, clean thinking, a mind unfettered by chaos, noise, irritation. The world is alright after-all.

Bloma

07 Jun 2017

Thanks for the replies.

PSoames, thanks for the advice about the reverb. Also, I think you really understand what that song is about. That really hit the nail on the head. Cheers.

cosignsessions

08 Jun 2017

I love how the vocals sound like an instrument until they get aggressive later in the track. IMO, the upfront presence of the beat is what is kinda eating at mix depth. When we mix our own music we want to 'hear' everything. But forget that a listener wants to be 'drawn' into the soundscape. I wouldn't change a thing. Nothing is 'wrong' here. Just a thought on something I struggle with myself. Cool track and I will def listen more.

modecca

10 Jun 2017

pLv2 wrote: Nice to hear some music around here with some actual feeling ffs.
Couldn't agree more. :thumbs_up:
I wish Devin townsend would do more stuff like this and get away from the rock opera crap.

This completely conforms to the 3 E's:
ecstasy euphoria exhilaration

:puf_bigsmile: :-D
🔗💥

Bloma

10 Jun 2017

Cosign, thanks very much. That is a great insight that we want to hear everything, and I hadn't thought of it that way, so thanks for bringing to my attention.

Modecca, thanks a lot. I'm a huge fan of Strapping Young Lad, have you listened to the album called City? It's one of the best things I've ever heard, particularly the first half of it. The 3 E's haha, reminds me of Bad Santa. 'More booze. More bullshit. More buttfucking.' 'That's right, the 3 Bs.'

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2017

I've liked all the tracks I've heard from you so far and this is no exception.
I don't mind the reverb :)
I should probably go and listen to your albums in their entirety like I did with one of your albums when i first heard your music.

Bloma

12 Jun 2017

Thanks Tritone. I'll PM you a code so you can download the newest one free in high quality.

Bloma

12 Jun 2017

On that note, are you planning to release an album or EP or anything? You've only got stuff on soundcloud yeah?

Bloma

12 Jun 2017

Thanks heaps Kombucha. I'm definitely into Opeth, my favourite album is Ghost Reveries, and I love their heavy stuff. For me that album has the perfect balance and the songs are just amazing. I haven't really listened to much Alice in Chains but what I've heard is quite good. Thanks for the comparison, there's a right and wrong way to compare people's music and you seem to have done it the right way haha. I do it to people's music too, it's natural somehow.

My style varies quite a bit, but you can hear it all at bloma.org. That track is from Dark Sun.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2017

Bloma wrote:Thanks Tritone. I'll PM you a code so you can download the newest one free in high quality.
Thanks. I'll it a proper listen whenever I'll get some time.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2017

Bloma wrote:On that note, are you planning to release an album or EP or anything? You've only got stuff on soundcloud yeah?
No plans on EPs or ablums. Last 2 years I've mostly released individual tracks. But there's always my Chip64 EP. My FM4 project came out way too scattered to be considered an EP imo. I just don't have the discipline to bigger projects at the moment. Maybe someday.

I've got songs on a couple of places, but most of the newer stuff is on Soundcloud. A lot of my older tracks/EPs/albums are uploaded on my youtube channel.
Here's a couple of links:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TritoneAddiction
https://syntheticflesh.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1328067
https://soundcloud.com/tritoneaddiction

Bloma

12 Jun 2017

Oh that Synthetic Flesh was you was it? I remember listening to that on here but I didn't realise it was you.

strangers
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:...my first impression is that this feels quite like some of Opeth's more melodic material.
Listened and quickly signed in to be that guy to slap an Opeth comment in only to notice Kombucha beat me to it. The clean vocals in the beginning have that eerie Opeth vibe. Made me find my Lamentation DVD to revisit the acoustic half of the set.

This was refreshing to listen to. Haven't heard something like this in a while.

• Information