(Drum and Bass) Leviathan

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
aburazaru

04 Jun 2017

Man, this update and being able to automate stuff in Kontakt, Battery and other VSTs is breathing new life into Reason for me! Anywho, here's a little DnB track I worked on over the weekend. Most of the track was just playing with different VSTs in the "I wonder if I can" sense and they started to come together to form a song. Still trying to figure some stuff out, but here's where I'm at currently.

How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

pLv2

06 Jun 2017

Love the progression in this. The track has more of a dreamy feel though rather than the vibe of a sea monster. :)

aburazaru

08 Jun 2017

haha, I'm just terrible at naming! Thanks for the feedback!
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

abbosher

08 Jun 2017

Yeah definitely a solid track! I really like the piano on top of it all.

aburazaru

08 Jun 2017

Thanks! It was a last minute thing that just kept building up, haha!

PSoames

09 Jun 2017

There's angst. Then urgency. Then purpose. Then urgency again. A nihilistic fatalism tempered by a little hope. But alas, resignation and...

The changes in mood are top notch. It's telling a story!

aburazaru

10 Jun 2017

Daaaaang! You read into it further than I ever could! Haha, gonna re-listen with that in mind, thanks!

Faxxer

12 Jun 2017

it's outstanding!
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

aburazaru

15 Jun 2017

Loving the love! Thanks!

CYSYS8993

16 Jun 2017

The piano is executed very well and I liked the drum grooves. They effectively make the breakdowns so that the listener can get a chance to take a break and anticipate the upcoming build-up.

aburazaru

16 Jun 2017

Awesome! Thanks! Taking all this feedback and trying to look at each new thing I build with them in mind.

Stodge

16 Jun 2017

This is grimey! Love this, your bass is nice and dirty, again it's been said previously but your pianos are well executed and your progression is ace, I find some dnb tracks become stale after a while this on the other hand does not! :) excellent job! :thumbs_up:
Windows 10 HP i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz, Reason 9.5 :reason:, AKAI MPK 49, Audio Intimidation s2000 floorstanding speakers, W-Audio DA300 Amplifier
https://www.facebook.com/DJStodge/
https://soundcloud.com/dj-stodge

logicalpocket

16 Jun 2017

Excellent stuff. Well executed throughout!
Blep

Wickline

17 Jun 2017

Jesus dude this is amazing.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

aburazaru

17 Jun 2017

Thanks, everyone! This one was just exciting cause I was testing the waters with the 9.5 VST update and excited that I could use Kontakt instruments *AND* automate parameters in there. The bass is actually a concoction of Output Sounds Analog Strings with some recorded knob twistery and some reason FX for a little grime on top. I should make more drum and bass tonight... yes, this is a good plan!

Wickline

18 Jun 2017

Yes do that. And get back to us with new music. [emoji41]
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

jappe

18 Aug 2017

Awesome!
I like the high energy alfa beat and the contrasting fragile quiet piano playing with other humble sounds in the first part.
Great work!

aburazaru

20 Aug 2017

Thanks! It was a fun track to make!

• Information