(cult propaganda) Livn In Waco Texas

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
modecca

16 May 2017

πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

HepCat

16 May 2017

Sign me up! Maybe it's just the Kool Aid but this song seems super cool. You need a mullet though.

modecca

17 May 2017

HepCat wrote:Sign me up! Maybe it's just the Kool Aid but this song seems super cool. You need a mullet though.
Why did I have to be so on the fence, when my sister asked if I wanted that Harpo Marx wig!

As for joining the current day Branch Davidian, they are far too watered down these days.
If your going to join a cult, the number 1 requirement is that there should always be a strong potential of mass suicide waiting around the corner.
Waco_Branch_Davidians_Flag.png
Waco_Branch_Davidians_Flag.png (143.08 KiB) Viewed 2123 times
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

siln

17 May 2017

are you a scientologist? I feel something like what would be tone 40
:shock: :? :D

HepCat

17 May 2017

modecca wrote:As for joining the current day Branch Davidian, they are far too watered down these days.
If your going to join a cult, the number 1 requirement is that there should always be a strong potential of mass suicide waiting around the corner.
Yeah sometimes l just wanna drive around screaming f-off to people then return to the cult compound where women are women and goats and bushels of wheat are salary or fructose or somefin. There we'd discuss the next day's preaching which would probably be more driving around on meth and screaming f-off to ppl.

I think you should tell ppl to f-off more btw. As long as they get that you're being in-character the fans'll love it.

At least you're not pumping whale stomachs full of plastic while getting paid so that you can buy stuff that breaks or a house or other vanities.
modecca wrote:Waco_Branch_Davidians_Flag.png
This is why l recommend watching the Symbols of an Alien Sky video. To me the banner encodes memories of a cosmic cataclysm that may well repeat.

aeox
Competition Winner

20 May 2017

*walks down the street humming* "livin in waco texas" :D

i think it grew on me because i enjoy watching your videos in general. also, i appreciate anyone that is willing to put them-self out there like you do, it's very bold and i admire that.

dedd people and daddy be stabbn remain my favorite live oriented pieces of yours (daddy be stabbn in particular is exceptional and really catchy, in my opinion)

now, i wonder, did you come up with the vocal first, or the instrumental?

modecca

20 May 2017

aeox wrote:*walks down the street humming* "livin in waco texas" :D

i think it grew on me because i enjoy watching your videos in general. also, i appreciate anyone that is willing to put them-self out there like you do, it's very bold and i admire that.

dedd people and daddy be stabbn remain my favorite live oriented pieces of yours (daddy be stabbn in particular is exceptional and really catchy, in my opinion)

now, i wonder, did you come up with the vocal first, or the instrumental?
Thanks for the encouraging words!
Putting myself out there now feels essential to the process, because its one of the things done in the name of expanding the definition of music for me.
Just how many things can I combine with music?
This year I have combined:
comedy, video, animation, programs,singing,real instruments,documentary footage,tv show clips, live arranging and knob tweaking making a fool of myself in public and and so forth. It's important to note just how much more interesting music is for me, by simply knowing that I'm always going to include a video with it.

It is this year and only this year that I have been able to really start adding a variety of layers to this thing called music and feel connected to that image of art, that I had back in the days experimenting with psychedelics.

As far as order of operations goes I only want to work over a bass and drum. I usually sing and write the lyrics at the same time. I have to immediately record how those lyrics are sung, because its surprisingly easy to forget how I originally sang the lyrics.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

PSoames

29 May 2017

I'm absolutely loving this whole experimental vibe washing over the Reason Talk Forum at the moment.

I like music, all music, but true innovation and what's at the art's core, for me, is experimentation and because we have no doctrine to follow, we fall back on raw emotion.

I like this piece, it makes me curious about the cult of personality and the pursuit of influence by any means. As relevant today as it was in David Koresh's time.

Ostermilk

29 May 2017

There's something about that rhythmic backing that's evoking some early Tom Tom club vibe. Really inventive and catchy at the same time.

Some of the lyrical content sounded on point in an ironic kind of way but I sadly couldn't catch all the lyrics.

More non-stick goodness sliding out of the 'Teflon Tomb' there fella for sure though.

The subject matter serves to highlight when opposing energies make assumptions about each others powers and the end result completely descending into a insane, chaotic exchange and an outcome that no-one either side of the fence wanted. I guess it highlights the fact that dialogue can only work if everyone is listening to each other, it's a pity then that we have to endure so many loud bangs like Waco along the way and still don't hear much other than our own noise.

The concept of good guys vs bad guys that I was brought up on turned out to be a crock as it seems we're all as capable of rear ending ourselves into oblivion as each other. the flipside of that of course is that we're are all also equally capable of elevating ourselves out of the pit by not setting ourselves up with some fake authority to put on a pedestal and defer to.

pLv2

01 Jun 2017

...more cult propaganda...techno remix?

modecca

01 Jun 2017

pLv2 wrote:...more cult propaganda...techno remix?

This is badass :exclamation:
The vocal sample you selected, totally works over this mean/aggressive no nonsense vibe.
It bears repetition very well.
I thought you might extract a piece out of the original and throw it in occasionally, as a cheap tie to the original, but that is not the case at all.
I feel fortunate to know someone who can take my dorky experiments and turn them into something real.
I know I owe you a remix already, but might I grab the core stems of this monster??
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

HepCat

01 Jun 2017

pLv2 wrote:...more cult propaganda...techno remix?
Too commercial for my liking. Skillfully put together though. I prefer when you go off the beaten track with faceless techno.

Hey if l just said nice things l'd be dishonest and uncaring.

pLv2

01 Jun 2017

modecca wrote:The vocal sample you selected, totally works over this mean/aggressive no nonsense vibe.
That "Looking For More" line was actually stuck in my head for a while after listening to your original. I didn't know it was a seed that would sprout into another existence.
HepCat wrote:Too commercial for my liking. Skillfully put together though. I prefer when you go off the beaten track with faceless techno.
Yes I do enjoy going off the beaten track. Ya know going off the beaten track is commercial now too. They call it Leftfield Techno. :lol: I agree this is more of a commercial sound though.

Thanks!

Bloma

03 Jun 2017

There's something about this that is greater than the sum of it's parts. When that pad comes in, it really brings it all together. I never would of thought I'd like this, but it's fucking great. The sparingly used distorted vocal effect is really well placed. It's not funny, angry, sad, or happy, but all of them at the same time.

sgiallo

04 Jun 2017

Very cool piece!

Just one critique: I find difficult to understand the word you're singing. I'm not an English mother tongue speaker, but I think some improvements can be made here.

siln

04 Jun 2017

sgiallo wrote:Very cool piece!

Just one critique: I find difficult to understand the word you're singing. I'm not an English mother tongue speaker, but I think some improvements can be made here.

I agree , I felt the same with this one , I must admit I didnt get the whole theme/subject, I guess i ll have to google it to find some terrible shootings of some kinds , but I think yo made some progress at speaking a bit more slowly and articukate for non english speakers lately

modecca

04 Jun 2017

Bloma wrote:There's something about this that is greater than the sum of it's parts. When that pad comes in, it really brings it all together. I never would of thought I'd like this, but it's fucking great. The sparingly used distorted vocal effect is really well placed. It's not funny, angry, sad, or happy, but all of them at the same time.
Thanks man, thats a real meaningful review right there.
Anger and sadness has always been in my music, but it's when I started to do the video thing, that humor became part of the team.
Having that combination, seems like an easy recipe for entertaining projects, that dont require talent or refinement.

sgiallo wrote:Very cool piece!
I do tend to bury my vocals with effects because I'm not a good singer.
So next time I will just put the words on the screen, so my friends in Italy and France can sing along.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

logicalpocket

04 Jun 2017

Really cool track. I couldn't really hear the vocals very well but I really enjoyed it anyway :)
Blep

siln

05 Jun 2017

modecca wrote: I do tend to bury my vocals with effects because I'm not a good singer.
So next time I will just put the words on the screen, so my friends in Italy and France can sing along.
It s kind but it might be a painful job which distract you from the creative flow , i mean dont bother too much for some lazy europeans and do your things
but if you have time why not add coloured subtitles like a karaoke lol

• Information